Cooksport vs Grams Lowering Springs

Sam E

Paid Member
Hi guys,

I've just ordered a full set of new cup shocks (and top mounts) to go on my 197 and fancy a set of lowering springs to put on at the same time. The two brands of springs I see being thrown around the most are Cooksport and Grams, but that leaves me with the question - which is better? There might be little to no difference between the two but I thought I'd ask in case I've missed something obvious between the two.

I'll only be using the car on the road, maybe a trackday or two in the future but that'll be a fair way off so primarily focussed on finding the better of the two brands for road use.

Cheers,
Sam

I really don't think there's much in them to be honest. Someone who has Cooksports will say they're better and someone who has Grams will say they're better.

As far as lowering springs go, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them and I've seen multiple people recommending them both on Clio's, Megane's etc.

I have Cooksports on my R26, which has recently had full new cup shocks etc and I'm more than happy with them for the fast road use I do.

I really don't think there's much in them to be honest. Someone who has Cooksports will say they're better and someone who has Grams will say they're better.

As far as lowering springs go, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them and I've seen multiple people recommending them both on Clio's, Megane's etc.

I have Cooksports on my R26, which has recently had full new cup shocks etc and I'm more than happy with them for the fast road use I do.

You've confirmed what I suspected to be honest. I think I'll just end up grabbing a set of whichever I can find cheaper when it's closer to the time I'll be fitting the new shocks.

Cheers

For what it’s worth I had grams and found they sat nice and performed well

Any update on this? I know Grams ride slightly better than H&Rs but what are they like compared to cooksports?

Any update on this? I know Grams ride slightly better than H&Rs but what are they like compared to cooksports?

Nothing from me, I haven't made a decision yet. I got the new shocks from RPD with the Black Friday discount and was hoping either Cooksport or Kam Racing would do a discount on their springs like the year before but no luck. I'm not fitting the new stuff until the spring (pardon the pun) when the weather gets better anyway so I'll just hold off and see if any deals pop up.