Connects 2 system??

I have recently installed an aux adapter for my Iphones/Ipod and it's working a treat. However, I have always had my eye on the connects 2 system as it charges the phone/pod and can operate through the s/w stalk.

Any thoughts before I take the plunge and buy one? Has anyone got one fitted themselves or offer an alternative?

Thoughts...

Lisa has a connect 2 in her 206. It works great.
Wish I could have had one with my cabasse system :worried:

i've got one and its OK

bad points - it'll require an adaptor to charge some of the ipods.

It only displays track numbers 1 to 3 on the display and then cycles back to 1 for track 4. would be nice if it showed tag data.

Hmm I have heard that and I suppose it's a bit annoying. Did you install yourself Mitch?

What about the Renault tunepoint as an alternative??

nope mine was in when i got the car. - i can't imagine it being difficult to fit tho.

i think the tunepoint shows the tracks the same way, but not sure about the charging part.

Hmm I have heard that and I suppose it's a bit annoying. Did you install yourself Mitch?

What about the Renault tunepoint as an alternative??

Tunepoint is ok, nothing beats a good MP3 Head unit though.

If you look in the "How to section" I did a guide on how to fit Tunepoint.

Imo I find Tunepoint a bit slow sometimes and it’s annoying that it stops you using your iPod when it’s plugged in.

You have to create playlists to get the most out of theses types of systems, for example having Dance, Rock, RnB and put all your songs that fall into the category into that playlist.