Coil bolts, help please.....

Discussion in 'Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake' started by Liam Gunby, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Liam Gunby

Liam Gunby Paid Member

Car:
    clio 197 2008
    Hi all,

So the 4 pencil coils, (ontop of the plugs for people who wernt sure) does any body know what bolt it is?
    Thread ect.....

Basically i changed my plugs, tightened the coil back down with the dephasor solinoid bit and it went loose again.... its stripped some of the threads from the rocker cover basically. Luckily is a blind hole so i can do something about it but if anyone has some thoughts to the bolt, thread size that would be brill.

Thank you!

2. suj

suj Paid Member

Car:
    Nimbus Grey 197
    M6x1.0

I have done the same (someone before was super heavy handed and tightened it way too much).
    One I got away with a longer bolt to activate the lower threads, another was too far gone, so I helicoiled it (bag of piss to do, just awkward due to space), I am going to do the other one that has a longer bolt in it currently, just for my own peace of mind.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Foxspeed likes this.