Clutch change - special tools required?

I was talking to someone a few weeks ago who suggested that a special tool is required to bleed the clutch on a 197, anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks in advance!

as jonesy said, clutch change is a nightmare though lol you have to take the entire gearbox out lmao

you can use a syringe full of fluid to bleed the final part , after the normal process of bleeding.
they need to be done properly and are not self bleeding , otherwise they can get a small bit of air that will affect the pedal , more so when first used in the morning , the pedal will travel for a few pumps.
as for the clutch change , its not too bad of a job too remove the gearbox , as when you take out the subframe there is plenty of room.

when u remove the gearbox the fluid would piss everywhere i think.

Had my clutch pedal go very hard after i was sat in traffic this morning and was going to bleed the clutch today.

I couldnt see a bleed nipple though, does anyone know if you can bleed the clutch hydraulics and if you can, whats the correct method to bleed it??

U can't it's sled bleeding, the fluid comes from the brake servo, where tue nipple is on the gear box is a plastic blanking cap, pretty sure it change all the fluid job

when u remove the gearbox the fluid would piss everywhere i think.

I'm pretty sure the couplings are self sealing ie, when you disconnect them they stay dry, and not piss fluid everywhere as you say.

U can't it's sled bleeding, the fluid comes from the brake servo, where tue nipple is on the gear box is a plastic blanking cap, pretty sure it change all the fluid job

Eh?? What do you mean 'sled' bleeding??

Thanks.

Whats the nipple on the clutch line just before the connection by the bell housing for then?? Anyone know??

ive never drained fluid. i can ask my mate for you though if you want?