Clunking noise coming from brembos

Hi there

first post but been doing a lot of reading on the site, only had my 197 a month, done a long list of maintenance repairs already lol, new timing belt, tensioner, water pump and aux belt, swivel hub ball joint (thanks to r sport I saved bigtime on this and inner tie rods next.

Anyway, since I've had the car I've noticed if I roll the car back then brake and then drive forward I hear a definitive clunk coming from my front calipers, is this an acceptible trait for brembos or is there some cause for concern?

Thanks for any input given

Hi buddy, welcome! :smile:

sounds like a sticky pad, just a strip down (remove pins and pads) and give it all a clean up, and refit it all and it should all be fine.

Just make sure you do a neat job of removing the pins, as you'll need new ones if you bend or break them

Hi, my 200 went in to Renualt today for a service and to check out the same symptoms like you discribe.
I was told it is the lower arm ball joint, on my off side front :smile:
Hopefully I can get it done on the Renualt extended warranty after a man ccomes to inspect it tomorrow.

Cheers for the reply guys, sorry I never got back sooner, had to settle the little nipper.

i think it's definitely time to give the brakes a good service, when I first got it they had good bite to them, now they fade easily, while we're on the subject of brakes do you happen to know a good paint match for them? There's a couple of chips that I want to touch up.

Tommie, hope they resolve the problem, be interesting to know if it turns out to be the lower arm ball joint, I ruled them out as I can hear it from both sides and while I don't the swivels I couldn't find any play there.

Bet someone has it's nipped a bit off the leading edges with a grinder, I've had to do it with ds2500's

It helps stop them seizing in, or they are non Renault pads, some need "fettling"to fit

One large clunk ball joint, large clunk when cold engine mount, two dull clunks on moving off break pads.