Cliosport Festival 2017

Cracking day out today. Weather was amazing(slightly sunburnt):flushed:
Good banter with a great bunch of lads. Nice to meet some new faces and of course say hello to the old ones!
Was hoping for a quick ride in @Chris mapped 200t. He didn't disappoint! Very impressed mate:wink:

Track action was good fun to watch. Will return next year to show all the bastard 1*2's how it's done:grinning:

Cheers

Got home about half an hour ago. Long distance journeys are a piece of cake in the Trophy, I hardly touched the pedals!
Really good to put faces to names today, a great bunch and a good venue and weather. Sorry @Chris and @Jimmy at the end, didn’t say goodbye as couldn’t see where you got to when everyone dispersed after the raffle. Really fancied those plates or some detailing kit, but a large box of Celebrations and a Snappy wheel retrim will have to do!
Some pictures from today...

Stopped for a wee at some services north of the wall, car was still quite clean at this stage!
4c421ff4ebe5ca64a49a25e5e0bf6abd.jpg
Represent!
523604cbad7c2dc6139185cb4ee0386b.jpg
Crazy Alpine thing that spat flames...
47ed6b4b4660e18d4ba61bc2660e4708.jpg
One for @LOCKE - forum members contemplating the dark side!
c026f889cbfeffe8a2388fe4e65323f0.jpg
Stunning V6
3d3bb99413f53d80a8d98599615ce62b.jpg
Trophy stand-off
52b3321cdf558f40cc22f21dfb58dc66.jpg
Loner!
146bb4b5e3123623e5253a48f8def7bc.jpg

Forgot to mention, some good track action that provided all of the entertainment today, other than Chris on a Segway and us all on the inflatable slide!
The Mk2 Clio looks like the winning combination for a track focused car (good news @sevenfourate), the Mk3 needs @BigBen on the track, the Mk4 needs more ‘bark’ and the Mk2 Megane will take off if you add wings and a 2.75” system to it (for those who heard it, you know what I mean!)

Sorry I forgot to say bye guys! Just wanted to get going and just got back after setting off at 8. Traffic was kind tonight...

That MK2 Megane sounded insane, would love to know what was powering it!

The track was calling my name, so next year I'll be out on it. New brakes and tyres are in order!

IMG_1639.JPG IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1642.JPG IMG_1643.JPG IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1649.JPG IMG_1651.JPG Like to say thanks to all was a great day and night. managed to get out on track as a passenger twice once I think with a guy called Dave I think. mk2 for a old car it flew around the track and uses it every day for work. And the second time a stripped out mk2 with throttle bodies that was I think the fastest car around the track apart from the kit car. Like to say thanks to those guys for taking me out on track. The fire pit kept me warm most of the night and it was really nice to meet some of you guys of here as well. Especially jimmy Chris and Emma and some other nice people as well. When the next one lol

Damn, clearly missed out on a good weekend. Alongside the fact Forest Green got absolutely smashed at Colchester yesterday...[emoji1304][emoji23]

Looking forward to hearing this infamous Megane 747...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beany
Just home myself after a really good weekend! It was brilliant to meet everyone and put faces to names! Apologies to anyone who I didn't get to see in person. All the cars looked good on our own little area and it was nice to see us representing! Thanks for the photos, some really good ones in there! We have a really good bunch of people on this forum and hopefully more can come along next time around!

Huge credit to @Kirsty and all the other guys at CS who do put in a heck of a lot of time and effort to arrange the Festival and put it all together. There were some immense prizes in the raffle and to raise over £1000 for the Salvation Army as a result was brilliant. The band in the evening were very good and the pizzas were delicious!

This really is a cracking social event and hopefully we can have even more members attending next year!

Agree, was a really good, enjoyable day, this was the first event I've been to loved seeing the amount of time and effort people put into making these a true enthusiasts car!
For me, a very expensive day in the long run - I've come away with a long to do list haha but especially after getting a few passenger rides yesterday and seeing how fun and capable they are as a track and everyday car I have no plans to replace it in the near future so it will be a project/work in progress for me!

There were many very nice examples, but the star of the show for me was this -
IMG_4474.JPG
I was lucky enough to get a passenger ride with Paul, and this Clio was truly unbelievable, left me a little speechless ha

Well done and thank you to all involved in this event!

Agree, was a really good, enjoyable day, this was the first event I've been to loved seeing the amount of time and effort people put into making these a true enthusiasts car!
For me, a very expensive day in the long run - I've come away with a long to do list haha but especially after getting a few passenger rides yesterday and seeing how fun and capable they are as a track and everyday car I have no plans to replace it in the near future so it will be a project/work in progress for me!

There were many very nice examples, but the star of the show for me was this -
View attachment 112940
I was lucky enough to get a passenger ride with Paul, and this Clio was truly unbelievable, left me a little speechless ha

Well done and thank you to all involved in this event!
How'd you wangle a ride!!
Was unbelievable in the morning session. Going past everything with minimum fuss. Great car

Am back home now, what a weekend - wow!

Really happy with how everything went, everyone who came, a HUGE thanks, made a good turnout from the club, and for those who didnt manage to come, hope you get to come another time as it was a great day!

Just a few words to the guys who came! (( If I missed you - apologies (i probably didnt catch you to speak to you) ))

@Jimmy - massive thanks for everything bud, wouldnt have been same without you this weekend! Already expressed my thanks earlier in person :smile:
@dulevo666 - sorry it wasn't your cup of tea mate, enjoyed having a few beers with you, and your rabbit comment made my weekend - lmao!
@Big Ben - Glad you made it down even though you had to leave a bit earlier - hope you enjoyed the ride :wink:
@Micah - Nice to finally meet you, shame you chickened out on the segways (goes to you also jimmy)
@Beany - Thanks for coming Chris - loved the hat!
@RossWoods93 - Been saying this for the past 2 years, but we are well overdue a blast out bury way, and will give you a passenger ride, knew you wanted one!!
@jamesgw200 - Trophy looked awesome James - I need a passenger ride in that at some point, Ben was raving about it :wink:
@Greg0986 - Thanks for coming Greg, hope you manage to get on track next time, your car looked great (PS hope your mrs was ok she didnt look at home in a tent!)
@Gregor (Micky mouse) - Great having some banter with you mate (and your mate) - was hilarious! Keep your project thread updated, sounds like you have a lot of plans for her :smile:
@Optical - Know you were busy with the Cliosport side of things being a mod there, will have to say a proper hello another time, hope you found some club stickers!

@Shorty197 - didnt catch you to speak too, sorry about that, next time mate :smile:

And finally @Kirsty & @Nik (I wont tag in the rest of the Cliosport team but pass on our thanks) - Thanks a lot for organising this! Everyone had a blast!

Pictures to follow (I didnt take many)

Ha, thanks Chris. Yep, she's not a tent kind of person. If there's a travel lodge or something nearby we might stay there next time... :tongueout:

Reactions: Chris
@Chris - I was mainly put off by having to wear a frickin' helmet on the segway. At least I made it up the inflatable slide (after you told me the secret on how to exactly!)
I hadn't realised there were a few more people there from on here, I would have liked to have met you all. Who was the guy in the tent next to you?

Reactions: Chris
Ha, thanks Chris. Yep, she's not a tent kind of person. If there's a travel lodge or something nearby we might stay there next time... :tongueout:

Yeah the cliosport admins stay in a nearby travelodge, perhaps more suited haha :smiley:

@Chris - I was mainly put off by having to wear a frickin' helmet on the segway. At least I made it up the inflatable slide (after you told me the secret on how to exactly!)
I hadn't realised there were a few more people there from on here, I would have liked to have met you all. Who was the guy in the tent next to you?

I saw some others without helmets earlier, dont know why I had to put it on, felt like a bit of a helmet lol!! Yeah fair play on the slide at least, was amusing watching you but couldn't let you carry on suffering lol!

That was dulevo666!

Hi guy's what can i say enjoyed the banter on fri night with chris & his other half & greg (some traveling there mate)
sorry for the snoring ( quote i'm not loud but consistent )sat evening met jimmy & gregor both top bloke's
glad i made one in but felt a bit of an outsider during the day which caused me to be pissed off & bored
that's why i packed up & went, by that time i'd lost the will to live
the event itself also left me numb as i was expecting more ,you can only watch car's going round a track for so long
not a wif of traders or any second hand sale's & food limited to the overpriced venue
will i go again ? not if you paid me
the only thing i 'm up for in future is what jimmy sugested a ride out not sat in a field

Reactions: Jimmy