Clio Sport with megane engine or Megane?

Megane or Clio

• Megane RS III

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Clio 250cv

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
I have a Clio 197, and now I want a better car. My options are to buy a Megane RS 250cv or not to sell my clio and in the future make the swap to a megane engine.

What do you think? which car would be faster?
Clio with 250cv o Megane 250cv?

One more time: sorry for my english :'(

I'm biased but I'll start by saying I love the Clio. However as an everyday prospect and to fulfill a role as anything other than a weekend car the Megane is much better.

The Clio is (I may change my mind on this) the more exciting and engaging drive and with a FI engine will be the same but a LOT faster.

The Megane rides better, is better equipped, has a nicer interior and is built to take the power the engine puts out (I'm thinking about the hubs here mainly) that and you can get one with a warranty if that matters to you :wink:

In response to the Vs question most likely the Clio would be 'fastest' with the same power as it's a fair bit lighter and the chassis is possibly a better prospect for a fast FWD car, shorter wheel base instils the kind of instability needed on a FWD car.

Last edited:
If u have the time and money, meg engine the clio! if not Meg250 cup with re-map and a stainless exhaust to compensate for extra weight and to gain a more thrilling ride.

Thanks for the answers! Finally I chose not to swap. Now I'm going to wait a few years with my Clio. When Megs are cheap I will buy one.
Meanwhile I'm going to modify some parts of my Clio; quaife, suspensions...

Clio RS and Megane RS in the garaje, it's my dream! (both are front wheel drive... :worried:, maybe I should change the megane?)

Last edited:
I have a Clio 250. Conversion is a year old, and still developing. For me, the cars a project, and not something I'd consider as anything else really. I wouldn't spend Meg money to create it, as for me it was quite a cheap way to turn the Clio into a quick daily. I must say, the conversion completely changes the dynamics of the car, with 320bhp more than achievable.

I'd have a Meg 250 tmw but would need to be at the right money, so I'm prepared to wait.

Last edited: