clio sold, here's the replacement :)

i think he may mean the issues regarding trying to get a colour match on UG, iv heard it can be a real pain to match if the car needs some paintwork.

Thanks guys, cleaned it today, takes an extra half hour to clio just because of the size of the thing, still loving it though and its returning 24 mpg, very suprised so far.

dont worry, was just regarding the Ultra Green colour. I know of occasions where customers were refusing to take collection of there new RS Focus in the UG because the colour difference the body and bumpers were so bad. The dealer local to me was even offering to have the bumpers repainted! on a brand new car! But even then, they cant gaurantee it will look any better.

Last edited:
Can I ask how old you are and how much you pay on insurance? I've just looked for myself on 'compare the market' and its in the region of 5k :rofl:

I love these cars so much.

Lisa was in the process of trading in the the Abarth 500 for a fully loaded Blue one but couldnt do it, she loves her wee car too much.

I was not best pleased :lol:

You couldn't of picked a better upgrade, you have the best colour as well out of the options available the White looks the best. This will be my next car. Enjoy it :wink:

I have just bought a Clio 200 Cup as my daily driver. My other car is a Mk2 Focus RS. The Clio is actually a better car in some respects. It handles better out the box. It has about the same consumption. Lots of touches on the Clio are better, like the sliding Recaro's, Autolocking, four pot calipers, it's lighter and more chuckable, it's more fun on back roads.

Fit the Mountune upgrade to the Focus RS and sort the suspension and the brakes and the Focus is in another class, the speeds you can get to are stupid.

Which do I like most?

Neither the Clio does what it does, gives me a rewarding drive to work on B roads and a smile every day at legal speeds.

The Focus blows my brain and makes the adrenalin pump so fast, but to get that feeling you are going straight to jail if you get caught, so it's best place is on the drive or on track.

Just MY opinion

i agree the clio is a great package out of the box, obviously the focus is better specd but thats because i bought a cup and am now enjoying keyless, dab, etc

The cup suspension is also a little crashy compared to the focus which does seem to handle imperfections in the road better without being too soft. id say on a track the clio is setup better but on the road the focus is, on the back roads more fun can be had in the clio but the focus may cover the ground more quickly? if i were to drive both i would be quicker in the clio just because how well it handles and the focus is a handfull.

Thats only my opinion and i dont think is bias? ha i loved my clio and will have one again when i need to buy a house or need the funds, they are a fantastic car and as you say for the costs, they offer a very rewarding pleasent drive :smile:

I have just bought a Clio 200 Cup as my daily driver. My other car is a Mk2 Focus RS. The Clio is actually a better car in some respects. It handles better out the box. It has about the same consumption. Lots of touches on the Clio are better, like the sliding Recaro's, Autolocking, four pot calipers, it's lighter and more chuckable, it's more fun on back roads.

Fit the Mountune upgrade to the Focus RS and sort the suspension and the brakes and the Focus is in another class, the speeds you can get to are stupid.

Which do I like most?

Neither the Clio does what it does, gives me a rewarding drive to work on B roads and a smile every day at legal speeds.

The Focus blows my brain and makes the adrenalin pump so fast, but to get that feeling you are going straight to jail if you get caught, so it's best place is on the drive or on track.

Just MY opinion

Is this Mr Womble from FocusRSOC? lol you got both cars to now? Although we have a 197 not a 200.... I sort of agree with you in all you said, although we struddle to get the clio to anything like what the Focus will do in the MPG department...

Very nice and the right colour too i know folk whove had grief with the green the diffrence is shocking a trip to grahaeme goode and youll have an animal

Is this Mr Womble from FocusRSOC? lol you got both cars to now? Although we have a 197 not a 200.... I sort of agree with you in all you said, although we struddle to get the clio to anything like what the Focus will do in the MPG department...

The very same, getting 29-30 mpg in the Clio on Michelins

thanks for the replys guys i used to get around 26 from the clio and the focus is now averaging 22/23 mpg. im already looking for where to take it for remaping once iv done all the hardware changes :smile: