Clio gear stick

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Hey can any of you guys post a picture of the gear stick without the gear knob as Karl recons I might have broken the gear knob locator as I want to be sure before I order a new gear stick as my Renault Sport Alu one isn't fitting. thanks

I twisted my original one off like it said on the instructions but don't know if there ment to be anything left on the gear stick after removal . Don't fancy paying £150 for new gear lever plus fitting

Ok here is a picture of mine, when i got it the knob is only the part in the red box. If yours is bigger and has a black plastic part at the bottom you have thewrong one.

According to your previous post the one you have is part number 7711427798 which is the wrong one. You need 7711427795.

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

Last edited:
The part numbers for each knob

6 Speed Manual 7711427798. This is the one used on Clio and Megane Sports
5 Speed Manual 7711428176. This is the one used on Twingos Sports

I twisted my original one off like it said on the instructions but don't know if there ment to be anything left on the gear stick after removal . Don't fancy paying £150 for new gear lever plus fitting

There is your problem.

As twingogeek said as i just checked my box and the number is 77 11 427 798. Im guessing you have stripped the white plastic mount from the top of the gear stick. Instruction reading fail.