Clio F1 lowering?

How should I lower the F1? Obviously it has the cup chassis.. should I be getting springs or should I be going to KW v1s? Its not that I really want it lower I was it stiffer for cornering!

Last edited:
Ive just lowered my F1 on V3's! Most people on here have there standard 197's lowered on v1's. As you have the cup packs i reckon v3's would be your best bet, i have a feeling people with cup packs wouldnt notice the difference as much as the guys with standard suspension with the v1's. mine are set up stiff but the ride quality is still there. Not a lot of body roll, and really takes the bends amazing! It depends what you want from it tho, if you say its not really for lowering i cant recommend the v3's enough. Sure woody will tell you the same!! It really is the best thing you can do to the 197!!!! So easy to adjust everything as well!!

ok thanks mate I was thinking it was the V3s and had that originally then was reading and thought maybe V1s but i'll start saving for V3s then :smile: thanks!

You won't regret it, the stance looks so much better and handles superp, there is enough support on here if you need help anyway with settings and ride height! :smile: just don't put spacers on.

i got told long time ago on here and on renaultsport.co.uk, that i was mental for even thinking about lowering my R27, some even called me stupid lol

i got told long time ago on here and on renaultsport.co.uk, that i was mental for even thinking about lowering my R27, some even called me stupid lol

Haha, i can't say I'm suprised. The "Renaultsport.co.uk" podsy had a go at me because i said there was better suspebsion setups out there than the ones that Renaukt have supplied ux with and they went off on one like I'd just killed their mothers!!

KW's are the way foward. Don't mess around with springs.

Love the police comments they give lol!! On cup suspension v3's were the only way I was gonna change tho.