Clio 3 RS F1 Team R27 Meglio - it will be a trackcar

Hi guys,

this will be my thread of my F1 Team R27 Meglio.
I bought a black Clio 3 RS F1 Team R27 with Megane 2 RS Engine + R26 Gearbox.
real 50k km, M2RS engine with 275hp and 380NM
The car is actually stock except for the Megane engine, but i will turn it to a trackcar :-P

I will upload pictures of the car soon.

And now i already have some questions.
Is it true, that there will be problems with heat with the genuine Clio 3 watercooler on track?
After hearing this, i already searched for infos and found parts from airtec.
1. AC-Delete kit
2. Motorsport Radiator for Megclio
3. Headertank for meglio

Do i really need the AC-Delete Kit, or is it possible to modify the stock AC?

greetz

Very nice! Which steering wheel / boss is that? What size is it? I always wanted to change the wheel but I found the RS wheels too small for the street for me.

I've never really suffered from high engine temps as the cooling system seems to keep up and the rad gets decent enough air flow. Problem for me is the engine bay temperature. There's not great airflow and so heatsoak can be a problem.

Since yours is a track day car I recommend jacking the rear of the bonnet up a few cm by modifying the brackets and removing the rubber that runs from strut to strut along the plastic scuttle piece.

when sitting in traffic after running you'll see the heat haze pouring out.

My turbo glows pretty hot and the hot air goes up as the engine bay flow is not sufficient to force it down. Creating the gap above gives it an escape route.

Reactions: Big Ben
I've never really suffered from high engine temps as the cooling system seems to keep up and the rad gets decent enough air flow. Problem for me is the engine bay temperature. There's not great airflow and so heatsoak can be a problem.

Since yours is a track day car I recommend jacking the rear of the bonnet up a few cm by modifying the brackets and removing the rubber that runs from strut to strut along the plastic scuttle piece.

when sitting in traffic after running you'll see the heat haze pouring out.

My turbo glows pretty hot and the hot air goes up as the engine bay flow is not sufficient to force it down. Creating the gap above gives it an escape route.
Interested in this theory John as I’ve read both for and against. The idea is to keep that seal by the scuttle panel sealed to force air from front grille over engine and down underneath the car. I know it’s not brilliant but I’ve not seen a benifit either way at speed so I’m very much on the fence.

Went a little further.
Unfortunately, a lot of waiting time passed because I had to wait for various hoses. (Sometimes C3RS hoses were still used, which had to be exchanged for M2RS)
Adapter plate for oil filter + oil cooler, oil pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor installed and wired
Airtec Meglio cooler package - with new expansion tank and Revotec fans.
and then in the interior the center console closed with real carbon panels + CanChecked display and USB charging socket
An increase has to be made for the oil cooler so that it sits exactly in front of the left bumper hole.

IMG_20210603_144744.jpg
1IMG_20210605_114516.jpgIMG_20210605_172729.jpgIMG_20210606_010317.jpg

@KoZa Is it possible to provide a picture of the clearance between AIRTEC radiator and the engine?

The reason for that is I want to assess the possibility of swapping 9" with 10" Revotec fan for radiator with core > 500 mm as 10" Revotec fan is 2 mm wider than 9". So, appreciate if you can share a top view picture showing the available space between the radiator & the engine.

I got AIRTEC Header Tank and planning to be installed in this summer.

However, my big challenge is with AIRTEC Megalio Radiator as AC Unit to be deleted which I don't want to! So, looking into an alternative radiator with core > 500mm as minimum.

Wonder if Direnza stopped producing Clio 3RS 200 Alloy radiator for good or not?!

Small update, this week my Lambda controller from Innovatec came with a Bosch LSU 4.9 probe.
So I was finally able to connect all sensors with my CanChecked MFD15 and tie and lay the wiring harness properly.
If the values reach a min / max value set by me, they are displayed in blue (too low), white (OK) and red (too high).

As in the picture, the oil temperature is below 80 degrees, thus displayed in blue.
Achieved .Max values are displayed under the actual live values.

IMG_20210612_193018.jpg