Clio 200 RPM issues on cold start. Not high enough. Advise needed.

Hi all!
I've got 2012 Clio RS 200. It started to behave strangely when starting from cold. It seems that the problem first appeared with the cold weather. It's now below 5C outside.

Normally when I started my car in the morning it was idling at about 1200-1250rpm for about 2 minutes and then settling at about 800-850rpm.

Now it starts and idles at about 1000-1050rpm and I hear whining noise from the engine bay. The noise disappears in about 40 seconds and after that I restart the car and it idles at 1200-1250rpm as it normally would. In about 2 minutes it settles at 800rpm as usual and drives perfectly normal.

If I don't restart a car in 40 seconds - it still settles at 800rpm in 2 min and drives OK but I can't help it but worry why it's behaving this way? It's driving me crazy.

So far I've cleaned a throttle body, changed a battery and I'm currently running a stock ECU map. I have a de-cat exhaust. The rest is standard.

Any ideas what might be wrong with my clio? All your inputs are highly appreciated.

PS. My Renault dealer had a car for week - they confirmed a problem but couldn't identify the cause.

If you turn mine on from cold without touching anything it starts of at normal idle and rises to about 1200 rpm, but no whining noise.
What I have been doing of late is giving the accelerator pedal 1 pump, and let all the check lights go out before turning the key and it goes straight to cold idle, then settles at normal idle after a couple of minutes.
May be worth a try.

I mentioned in my original posting that "My Renault dealer had a car for week - they confirmed a problem but couldn't identify the cause."
So I'm left with nothing. It seems that they aren't very interested in repairing my car for free :smile:

What I have been doing of late is giving the accelerator pedal 1 pump, and let all the check lights go out before turning the key and it goes straight to cold idle, then settles at normal idle after a couple of minutes.
May be worth a try.

Unfortunately - your advise didn't help. Feels like the issue might be somehow associated with that whining noise... 2All: Any ideas what it could be?)

I mentioned in my original posting that "My Renault dealer had a car for week - they confirmed a problem but couldn't identify the cause."
So I'm left with nothing. It seems that they aren't very interested in repairing my car for free :smile:

Sorry mate didn't actually see that, however my point still stands, if there's a problem with the car, it's under manufacturer warranty and its up to them to fix it. These cars are bad from cold but your issue sounds worse.

I though to seek an advise here just in case someone had a similar issue. Oh well, I guess I'm special :smile:
Will probably take it to the dealers again...

Renault will tell you to get on your bike if you rock up with a decatted exhaust wanting warrenty work!

Well, there are lot's of de-cated cars on here and no one seems to experience the same issue?
In any case - thanks for your thoughts!