Clio 200 mpg

Gus

Platinum Member
I have had my AG Clio 200 for a couple of weeks now. The first tank of Vpower was used up in one go getting from Scotland all the way to Oxford.

I filled up a week ago with my usual Vpower and thought I would see hat sort of MPG I could get.
I usually drive very quickly but for this tank decided to keep to between 65-70mpg where I could. I didnt do any lorry slipstreaming or any slipstreaming at all as I dont want stone chips.

Guess how many miles I got from a full tank which I think is 45L

468 Miles !!!!!

In my 182 I could never really get more than 370miles.

Im pretty sure I have worked out that the 200 uses more fuel than a 182 when you are caning it but when you are driving sensibly and lightfooted it is much more economical.

You must have the only one!!!!

Both my 200's have been sh1t on fuel and my 182's have all been great in comparison.

Reactions: Foxspeed
To be honest @Optical the mpg thing was the last thing on my mind when I got into the RS ownership.But on my 11th now just ordered my 12th all I can say it's SMILES PER MILES BUD so enjoy

Reactions: 930Tech
I get 32mpg daily commuting. That's light driving no heavy acceleration. I'm jealous lmao.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

To be honest @Optical the mpg thing was the last thing on my mind when I got into the RS ownership.But on my 11th now just ordered my 12th all I can say it's SMILES PER MILES BUD so enjoy
You and me both, only did it to see what sort of mpg was achievable. Im just like you had renaultsport clios since 2001.

I think the most fuel efficient speed is 50mph in 6th on the motorway cruising.

Most I've ever managed to get is about 40mpg, but that's only because of the current 50mph speed limit on the M60
:tearsofjoy:

As soon as I start cruising at 70mph my MPG drops to about 35.

On my commute to/from work I average about 25 MPG :excited:

7682dbaf5e1c88fb1a55499c059c420c.jpg

That's how ya know your having fun!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

He is in Dublin so the car is metric KM and Litres that's why its crap as the speed limits down south are in Km and because the dash is not dual KM/MPH you constantly have to do the math to keep to the speed limits.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
How weird....to only do km on the dash yet on U.K. ones to put both...when our limits are all mph....

I didn't even spot that on the dash

the 200 have a slightly longer top gear than the 197 and a bit better torque spread so pull taller gears better and hence the "potential" to do better mpg

Tank is 55L not 45L. Commuting to and from work I regularly see 400-450 miles from a tank. Keeping it just below 70 full to empty I expect it's not too difficult to see 500. On board shows 33.9mpg over the last 6000 miles but MPG is a bit higher than that when cruising at 70, I expect its about 35-36 ish

I've averaged 31.8mpg on my daily commute over my 10 months of ownership....

Not bad considering thats: Warm up for couple of mins, 2 miles of rubbish then a decent run @ 50mph for near 8 miles.

Opposite on way home - last 2 miles being quite jammed up pretty often.

I'm more than happy if its anything like the fuel computer says :smile:

My 182 was the best on fuel according to the computer. The 200t is the worst. Just managed to get it to 24mpg from 23.7! My wife only does about 10 miles in it a day to and from work, so it's probably not warmed up properly. Hopefully the warmer months will see an improvement.

In the last 1.5 year of ownership I've been getting 31mpg out of my 200t but my commute is 8 mile round trip of stop start and then using the car during the day.

Used to get 28mpg out of my 197 but had a lovely 38 mile round trip commute through country roads

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk