Clio 200 - iPhone 3Gs - Bluetooth/USB audio conflict

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone suffers from the same problem as myself, or knows of a possible solution.

What I tend to do with my iPhone is have the bluetooth turned on (for voice calling etc.) but also plug my iPhone into the usb slot for playing tracks from my iPhone's iPod app using the AUX mode on the stereo.

What happens now is the iPod app has two options for playing the audio. Through bluetooth or through the usb. Occasionally it gets mixed up and tries to play the audio through bluetooth when in fact I am using the AUX mode on the stereo - meaning no playback.

Now I can rectify this manually by unlocking my iPhone, selecting the iPod app and then selecting the correct audio output. But this is far from ideal :thumb1:

Any ideas? Thanks!

Welcome :smile:

I either use the bluetooth or the usb, not both so can't answer your question, sorry.

Thanks for the reply.

I might have to do the same but it seems a shame.

Although I have found if I wait for the car to recognize my phone over bluetooth first, and then plug in the usb it seems to work ok.

Not extensively, might take another look. I have a feeling it's more to do with the iPhone rather than the cars stereo.

I think your looking at this the wrong way.

Connect your phone via bluetooth in the normal way, but don't plug it in. You should still be able to stream music wirelessly to the stereo, and pick up calls as well.

I do this with my iPhone no problems. Only downside, you have to select albums via the iPhone screen, but you can then select the songs via the wheel behind the steering wheel.

I stopped using the USB cable because its the sloooooowest system in the world.

I understand I can do it this way also. But the main benefit of using the usb to play the tracks is the fact the iPhone will have been charging whilst im driving.

Once I stop and get out of the car, I will have 100% battery life on my phone!

I agree the interface through the usb is slow. I tend to select an album and let it play so only ever really use the click wheel on the steering wheel to flick through tracks.

..you can still connect the iPhone and stream music via bluetooth whilst charging it....at least it does it for me!!??

Hmmm, mine doesn't charge the iPod, but does everything else perfectly. Strange.

Is that throught the usb or aux Varlski?

Mine doesn't charge either which is annoying so have to have an ipod charger in the car! :glare: