Clio 200 Head light Bulb - Help

Hi all,

The dipped beam on my 200 which has standard bulbs are horrendous! I'm looking to get an uprated set of bulbs for the front.

Any recomendations?

Thanks

Also what fitment are the standard non projector bulbs?

Last edited:
I've just changed mine (about 15 mins ago) went with Osram nightbrakers. Both dipped and main beam are H7.

I've use Philips Xtreme Vision and Mtec Diamond White bulbs and can't fault either of them. Both a vast improvement over the original ones.

Had a little look at it at lunch. I can get my hand down there when taking the accoustic valve off but can't really see what i'm doing...

Is it just a case of pulling the backing plug off of the bulb & then unclipping the bulb? Does the plug just pull away.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:
In regards to getting your hand down there unless like me you have tiny little girls hands it is very tricky and may result in you needing to take the bumper off!

You never need to remove the bumper to change the headlight bulbs. I have hands like shovels and can do both headlight bulbs in 5 mins with bumper attached. I have a guide in the 'how to' section (linked in the footer of this post).

Bugger, I don't have permission to view it typically haha.

I'll get it in the garage later & have a go. I'm technically minded & work in the trade which will probably mean I'll feck it up haha.

Yeah I did mine yesterday, rubber caps off, power supply pulls off, bulb pulls out and then do the reverse. cut up hands but not too bad.

I changed my dipped beam bulbs the other day to the ones in Gam's thread - M-TEC Cosmo Blue ones. They look amazing but don't light up the road too well. Think I might try Philips for my high beam.

I removed the washer fluid neck on the driver's side and the air intake thing on the passenger side. I'd say do the driver's side first as it's easier and you can kind of see what you're doing, then do the passenger side. Just pull the connector off and then pull the bulb out.

I went for Osram Night breaker Unlimiteds which I got very reasonably. Anythings better than the Tea lights I currently have!

Bugger, I don't have permission to view it typically haha.

I'll get it in the garage later & have a go. I'm technically minded & work in the trade which will probably mean I'll feck it up haha.

Membership will save you loads, as there are numerous helpful guides and tips

This thread might help matey

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?37529-Just-fitted

Edit; In regards to getting your hand down there unless like me you have tiny little girls hands it is very tricky and may result in you needing to take the bumper off!

Hassle I know but if you are going to the Brands Hatch day we are having on the 15th Dec in this thread let me know and I can do it for you

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?38759-Curry-after-brands-on-the-15-12-2013

Hi mate, I may take you up on this offer if it's still open. Cheers!