Clio 200 edc

Hi,

Just purchased my clio 200 edc, fitted a superchips unit however cannot engage race mode, this was an issue prior to the unit being fitted. Cannot wait to see the gear changes in this mode, visiting the dealer tomorrow to hopefully rectify, anyone else out there considering fitting one it is a no brainer. Hoping to post some times shortly!!

Welcome!

I assume you have popped the stick across into manual not D? The dealer didn't know this, so didn't show me so I assumed the same on my car until I accidently found it on my trip home.

How is the superchips? Did you do it as a bluefin or via a dealer?

Thanks will try that tonight, the dealer forgot to give me the handbook so I have been working blind. The superchips is unreal although the dealer has put downgrade tyres on which are getting changed Saturday so hopefully this improves things. I put it on via bluefin which was easy barring an issue with my windows 2007 which the guys at superchips sorted with one call, could'nt recommend it highly enough.

Yeah they don't seem to know much and if it's not a new car I guess they don't feel obliged to find out!

Pop it in sport, slide it into manual and hold the rs button down again and it'll work.

Why is the dealer putting budget tyres on the car? I can only assume it's been ragged about by the previous owner or dealer as a demo car to need to change your tyres fairly soon-ish unless it has a fare few miles on it.
Manuals can be downloaded from the Renault website with the exception of the GT/RS supplement.

Race mode engaged and pretty impressive.
If anyone wants the tyres I am having them removed tomorrow, not looking for anything for them.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum mate, always nice to see another 200T on the forum.
Cheers mate, had a bit of an embarrassing day. After going rather quickly within the legal limit the car decided to give a warning indicator (check anti pollution system). Car was then stuck on limp mode of 20 mph which was rather embarrassing crawling home , apologises for the hold up all. Big shout to the Megane 250 giving the thumbs up. Spoke to telboy and turns out it looks like the superchips unit is causing the issue as he has had the same issue. Hopefully sorted soon.

Did you get it sorted yet?
Nope, they need the fault codes to investigate so just waiting for it to happen again. Had it off for the last week and just put it back on yesterday, it eats the petrol with the unit on but claims to improve consumption? Before anyone comments I was driving the same as the previous week i.e. Not caning it so will mention this also when I give them the fault codes.