Clio 200 diffuser, on a 197

Is the diffuser a straight swap between the 2 cars? How much should I expect to pay for a used 200 diffuser?

The diffuser on my 197 has been melted quite badly by the exhaust tips i've fitted. Not sure why because they've been fitted for months, but only in the last few weeks has the melting started...

Here you can see what I mean:

20140306_141037.jpg

The other side was much worse and once i'd removed all the melted edges and filed some clearance in, i'm left with a much larger hole in the diffuser than standard. The plastic above the exhaust tips has completely melted away on one side too

20140306_141027.jpg

Hopefully i've given it enough clearance now and I won't get anymore ugly drips of plastic, but if it continues i'm thinking a 200 diffuser is the way to go to stop this issue.

Yes direct swap, you will have to change your tail pipes though.

Around £200 2nd hand, around £400 new

Ok good to know thanks.

Don't really fancy spending £200 if i don't have to, so hopefully the clearance i've made on this one will stop the melting...

That's the first I've seen of melting of such magnitude.

What exhaust tips are they and what exhaust system have you got?

I've read before about melting diffusers with non standard exhausts that haven't been fitted 100% correct, but my exhaust is the standard system and the tips I fitted are the ebay ones that many people have fitted on the forum.

I was surprised myself to be honest, after each decent fast drive I went on, I would come back to find more plastic dangling from the tips and diffuser. I was thinking maybe my backbox has moved on its mounts or something and resulted in the tips coming into contact with the diffuser.

Looks like getting hold of a 200 diffuser won't be easy anyway, theres one on ebay, but it comes with the exhaust strangely and they won't split the 2.

I have the same tips and a standard exhaust and my right tip is just barely touching the diffuser and have no such burn/scorching so just think that the extent you've got is odd.

I'm no expert but if it's getting that hot then surely something might be wrong?

Hi everyone. New to the forum and am picking my 197 up tomorrow afternoon, can't wait!

One of the first things I want to do is buy the 200 diffuser for it and chrome tips. Do you know where I can source one? The only one I can find is a carbon fibre one for 900 quid though! I would like one in gloss black if preferable.

Thanks for your help!