Clio 200 CUP front roll bar

av4625

Paid Member
Was wondering if anyone knew the part number for this?
Wanted to price one up to see if it was worth while putting one in when the box is out of my 197?

Funny - I was just about to ask if anyone has any experience of one of these fitted?

The part number is Renault #7711160155
I just googled that part number and saw this post from this forum:

New ARB is £95.22 inc delivery, part no. 7711160155.

If you have factory xenons with auto levelling you will need to modify your front level adjuster to suit the thicker bar.

Do not try this bar with standard [197 Cup] suspension, it is awful, understeer city. While the part itself is expensive it is time consuming to fit and then time consuming again to remove to refit the original part when you realise that the rest of the car isn't stiff enough to benefit from the thicker ARB.

You should generally speaking only stiffen the front when you have already stiffened the back; reading between the lines the benefit of a stiffer front end seems to be in part to balance out a tricky rear end.

Anyone considering this should thoroughly research the pros and cons of a stiffer front ARB before buying one. I didn't, I rushed in (perhaps partly on the basis of a recommendation) because we were dropping the subframe anyway, and for my car it was an enormous mistake. Aside from the cost implications it also ruined a track day as I just couldn't get the power down coming out of tight corners, so it isn't that the road was too bumpy, etc. which can also cause issues with a stiff ARB.

I do have 200 cup suspension on my 197, but this is putting me off a bit.

I assume that the much firmer Bilstein setup on my car should work with a thicker ARB? What I don't know is if the 200 Cup road car already has the thicker bar as stock? Anyone know?

I assume that the much firmer Bilstein setup on my car should work with a thicker ARB? What I don't know is if the 200 Cup road car already has the thicker bar as stock? Anyone know?

The 200 cup front ARB is heavier than the 197's.
Is that part number for the cup racer or 200 cup front ARB? I think the cup racer one would be far too heavier unless you have very stiff suspension.

Front ARB's confuse me on real cars. I used to be into racing RC cars in a big way and a stiffer front ARB gives less steering. It was more pointy initially (sometimes tricking you to think you had more steering) but ultimately had less steering. Real cars don't seem to be the same, but I guess theres a lot more weight that you are trying to stop leaning.

I wonder what the ultra racing rear ARB is like, I find the back end of the clios have too much grip. Dunno how they work really has they just bolt the to the back axel. Surely the back axel is already stiffer than the small ARB? Maybe it still adds some stiffness?

Thanks - Cup Racer is 22mm, so not a huge difference. Should make a slight improvement to turn-in and roll resistance, without messing up the handling, especially with the firmer Bilstein coilover setup. I'm very inclined to give it a go...

Reactions: av4625