Clio 197 to a renault traffic sport! :(

Time to hang up the steering wheel as much as it burns my arss to sell it I have to think of work commitments but definitely will be back with something equally or more powerful in future... Will be selling it around December :worried:.

Sad to hear this.. even sadder to hear that Renault actually gave a van a 'Sport' badge. I feel your your pain, please don't fall under the illusion of the sport badge, it wont be sporty at all, it'll be slow, it'll handle like **** and it'll be just a van.

The traffic sport has been around for yonks. They're a tidy little van.

Wouldn't be happy to have to trade the Clio in for 1 tho lol

I drive a vivaro at my work on occasion (basically the same van and I'm certain it has the same hazard warning button as my 200) and it's awful to drive. Granted it has a bit if torque but it handles like a dog and isn't quick. Don't get me wrong it's far better than they used to be but can't imagine having to chop the RS in for one.

Don't look to bad though, well for a van.

Won't be chopping it in its going up for sale private and ill just put some money towards a deposit... I can't believe I'll be doing it but work commitments as I'm a self employed electrician need to branch out abit more , my misses has a mini soo I'm persuading her to chop hers in for something we both want (really what I want) haha

Sad to hear this.. even sadder to hear that Renault actually gave a van a 'Sport' badge. I feel your your pain, please don't fall under the illusion of the sport badge, it wont be sporty at all, it'll be slow, it'll handle like **** and it'll be just a van.

They come with alloys and body coloured side moulding. It's what everyone wants from a sport.

I always loved the Traffic vans TBH. Best van in the category (although the new Transit looks smart). For a big heavy van you can pedal them along at a surprising rate, we've hammered all our vans, pretty sure we managed to twist the chassis in one of the old ones as it kept cracking the windows haha!

I've got a new Kangoo at the moment (the facelifted '14 model with the 100bhp 1.5dci) it's f*cking awful. Would happily trade it for a Traffic.

Gutted mate.

Never drove a van tbh, but my mate was a driver at my last place and had renault vans, he said the newer ones were crap and the old ones were fast. Strange.

I'm sure the van will make me more money than the clio [emoji106] that's a plus.. I drive a works berlingo ATM 1.6 diesel but they need it back and they are so bad 90bhp gear stick changes are a mile long and rolls like a boat lol jumped back in the clio I forgot how short the gear changes where and the handling , when your using it all the time you forget how good they actually are

Gutted mate.

Never drove a van tbh, but my mate was a driver at my last place and had renault vans, he said the newer ones were crap and the old ones were fast. Strange.

TBH, the old Kangoos were sh*t too. The Pre-facelift ~10-12 plate ones were better than the new ones, but still crap. Small vans you're better with a Caddy or Transit Connect. But having driven all the larger vans I always preferred the Traffic. (Although the big RWD sprinters a good laugh in the wet if you're daft enough haha)

It's a shame the 197 has to make way for a van, however it's for the right reasons and if it helps your business and career then it's a positive move :smile: and the extra money from the business will surely allow for something tasty in the future :wink:

It's a shame the 197 has to make way for a van, however it's for the right reasons and if it helps your business and career then it's a positive move :smile: and the extra money from the business will surely allow for something tasty in the future :wink:

Exactly pal!

I was looking at a caddy and you can make them pritty nice looking but too expensive and I needed a decent size and 3 seats ideally just in case gunna use it for mountain bikes too