Clio 197 Cup - Track Attack Build

Bit of Maintenance today, noticed some water in the passenger footwell, so had to get the scuttle pipes cleaned out. Well worth doing.
EE67D9CA-3A6C-4253-B02F-5B521BC306D8.jpeg

D7F41B93-BCFB-40CF-B510-55C426EEE84B.jpeg

BBED0B59-B7FA-4AD9-8B74-8AB72FE360D3.jpeg

Good read so far, I wish you luck for the season.
always fancied a go of time attack , they used to do a run what you brung class but appears to have stopped doing it.

Reactions: Alistair
So after a long think recently, and with my mental health taking a large turn over the past two months.
time attack is being out on hold, I’ll be doing the odd single round entry, so I won’t be completely out of it, but not as I wanted too.
Having time attack lingering has been adding to the stress recently that I haven’t needed.
so it’s back to building the car to my specs and track days all year with the odd time attack entry.
Also needing a new car, and life coming into play a lot more as of late, everything started to have to take a bit more of a back burner.

the car build will continue as normal tho!

Didn’t get any pictures of being up there today, but popped up to AW Motorworks for a quick check over on the car and get my cam shaft sensor changed over .. the car was going in and out of full power and ended up driving like a 1.2 on the way to the workshop, swapped over and now revs up and has full power which is great!

Also going to replace both rear callipers, due to one of them having a very slight leak and sticks a bit, which has meant I’ve been topping up my brake fluid more often than I should be doing. Also going to go along with ds2500 and new discs along with some new and better brake fluid.

Water pump has a tiny tiny leak in, which isn’t bad at the moment but means I have to keep an eye on it, so I’ll have to get the belts and water pump done again either this year or next with how the pump goes!

Reactions: Big Ben
This time last year, we did some testing against standard vs ported inlets, along with stock air box and open filter. The results where interesting and showed that the 197’s run better with a higher power output with an open filter.

Big thanks to Alex @ AW Motorworks for using the car as a test subject and proof on a couple things.

Here’s the results:

Interesting topic this one!

Clio 197/200, do matched inlets work?

120k mile car, stock cams, stock airbox, Toyosport manifold, catback exhaust.

Tested on same day, same dyno, just inlets changed (while bolted onto dyno still!).

3lbft drop in the mid range with no difference at high RPM, suggests a loss of air speed in the mid range. Perhaps with cams it could be worthwhile but I see a lot of these manifolds fitted onto stock engines.

Dyno results speak for themselves!

00EB9D7A-EB75-4B86-9F5D-872D52CD0B32.jpegE9DA9618-C649-4C72-8E4C-9A9E3A68FEEA.jpeg34E9D78A-D602-4386-B177-B9ADDA2AADD5.jpeg47A60C69-09B6-4CDA-8B9E-A335BC173F75.jpegF5291C4F-7B35-40EE-9EEA-CABF4F2D3033.jpeg

Strong engine considering the miles!

It’s a shame we don’t have lots of intake manifolds to choose from like the k series do.

Strong engine considering the miles!

It’s a shame we don’t have lots of intake manifolds to choose from like the k series do.

yeah it was pretty good!
im interested in what the figures would Be like a year down the line, might have to book it into engine dynamics again and see if It’s changed At all.
Belts are being done end of this year / next year and also hopefully camming

having a selection of inlets would be nice as well, I mean the stock one is good but I’m sure it could be made better

So a trip to Alex’s the other day bought up a water pump leak. Checked today and there’s 0 fluid in the reservoir tank.

so should be getting it booked in for new belts and water pump unfortunately sooner than I wanted. But while this is being done I may be throwing in a set of catcam 403’s in. Figure it’s best to do it now than pay twice later! Should free up some more power, 215/220 I should be looking between hopefully.

apart from that, been doing some maintenance jobs on my girlfriends TT. Sorting a fresh set of pads on the rear and waiting for discs all round and then it’s fresh pads up front, along with a proper Clean up we did the other day EC6E8AB7-018F-4E46-AC30-886003047CFC.jpeg144F44E7-5C4B-4737-881B-5488B2A2F9EC.jpeg8C9B0D93-C00D-41CA-ADC3-921EFCE3B22C.jpeg

First track day of the year booked .. Heading to Bedford, I was meant to have driven mine this time last year, but the steering rack didn't let me .. So i ended up blowing my friends MG up

very excited to get there and see how the clio goes around it

First track day of the year booked .. Heading to Bedford, I was meant to have driven mine this time last year, but the steering rack didn't let me .. So i ended up blowing my friends MG up

very excited to get there and see how the clio goes around it

What date mate?