Clio 197 Cup - Track Attack Build

Came across another issue. A hole in the washer bottle! Tyres been rubbing due to them being a bit bigger than they’re meant to be. Running 225 instead of 215

bit of JB weld and a piece of plastic and it’s all sorted.

E48BAF95-9B41-4396-A46C-FFD4F126269F.jpegE171D83B-7BF2-436E-95DD-9A5131443A22.jpegA2B6B2C8-DDC5-4B7B-9334-0869C853C86B.jpeg7E615CFC-130A-47C4-B7DF-8FE49B406665.jpeg

Reactions: Sean197
Bit of a shameless plug here

any follows on my race page would be amazing, I update it a bit more than here just of ease of access and a better social media audience!

please lemme know if this isn’t allowed and I’ll get rid of it :smile:

TRH Racing UK on Facebook
And my Instagram :
4B56F74C-9AC2-4C36-B9E5-A7EDD544B4C7.png

Application has been sent off for the 2023 time attack series .. got one sponsor so far that i'll crack out once the livery is done and we've confirmed everything!

race license is being sent off this month as well, weird order im doing this in but only just found what license i actually needed, instead of spending a bomb on doing my ARD's test.

excting stuff!

The list is down to (for now)

passenger buck seat
half cage
hand held extinguisher
TA regulation rain light

What license is actually needed? I spoke to someone at Snetterton the other day and they said my car would comply with the lower classes for Time Attack, which would be pretty awesome to be fair!

clubman inter iirc.
The cars don’t have massive needs which makes it a good series to get into. All the regs are online

I read the regulations a few weeks ago and it looks like pretty much any car, no matter how modified, is catered for. It looks like a fun series to be involved with.

Went to snetterton today, tried to get a final track day out the way

what a wet wet wet day that was, had a couple of spins; caused a small bit of damage to the side skirt but nothing bad
DFAAE9B3-81CB-4C19-A18E-B9F3BDFF03E7.jpeg

as the day went on the drier the track got, so that was good to be able to feel the cars potential again!
Apart from that, a pretty standard track day! No red flags, one yellow, couldn’t have been better
4F06727E-13AC-4292-851A-6714DAC0CB42.jpeg

Reactions: Sean197 and LiamP
You should be able to get into the 20s no problem. I did some timing from an onboard video and I lap around the 2:25 mark on a cold track. I think I was a little quicker in the summer when there was more grip.

What class are you looking at running in? Certain aero will bump you up a class if it's not OEM style and also for Clubman class you need glass windows, Poly windows will also put you up a class which then means a full cage may be required. (At least this was my take from reading the class systems anyway!)

Reactions: Alistair
Good luck.

I am looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks! .. Hopefully I'll make it in time for the season start.

What class are you looking at running in? Certain aero will bump you up a class if it's not OEM style and also for Clubman class you need glass windows, Poly windows will also put you up a class which then means a full cage may be required. (At least this was my take from reading the class systems anyway!)

A few things on there are just idea's etc down on paper, I'll be entering clubman, so poly windows etc cant be alllowed in there other wise ill be bumped up to pocket rocket from memory. Aero will most likely stay the same for now.
The caged aren't required up until Pro classes, but I'll be having a half for now until i get the Fulcrum in