CLIO 197 / 200 BALL JOINTS

Hi

I am a proud owner of a couple of Renault Clio 197 / Clio 200. I have been told from Renault that the Ball joints for the lower arms can not be replaced,
I have done some online research and in fact, this is not true. Renault are making money by selling the full arm. I have found this post of a seller on eBay selling the ball joints in all variations of Lower Upper etc.

Hope this helps someone :smile:

www.ebay.co.uk

FOR RENAULT CLIO 197 200 MEGANE MK3 RS SPORT TOP BOTTOM HUB ARM BALL JOINT PIVOT | eBay
2 x FRONT LOWER SUSPENSION HUB PIVOT BALL JOINT 2 x FRONT LOWER SUSPENSION HUB BALL JOINT 2 x FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM BALL JOINT OE QUALITY NEW IMPROVED CORROSION COATED FITS RENAULT CLIO III (RS) 197 | 200 SPORT (2005-2013)RENAULT MEGANE III (RS) 225 SPORT (2009-2012) PLEASE LEAVE VEHICLE...
www.ebay.co.uk

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-RENA...-AND-BOTTOM-HUB-BALL-JOINT-PIVOT/160935056846

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-RENA...TOM-TOP-HUB-ARM-BALL-PIVOT-JOINT/174207036419

www.ebay.co.uk

FOR RENAULT CLIO 2.0 SPORT 197 200 MEGANE RS LOWER HUB KNUCKLE BALL JOINT PIVOT | eBay
1 x FRONT LOWER BALL JOINT OE QUALITY NEW IMPROVED DUST GUARD FITS RENAULT CLIO III (RS) 197 | 200 SPORT (2005-2013) RENAULT MEGANE III (RS) 225 SPORT (2009-2012) PLEASE LEAVE VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBER AFTER PURCHASE TO AVOID ANY DELAYS IN THE DELIVERY PROCESS.
www.ebay.co.uk

Suj. Do you know which part of them is uprated?

I've always fitted the ones of eBay. Seem decent enough and come with the hardware required too.

I bought Raptors ball joints his lower ball joint has a rubber boot that keeps the dirt out of the lower ball joint which is the main factor for failure anodising the ball joint body I can't see being any benefit it does no work after fitting I regard Raptors as being uprated so comparing price is not a fair comparison.

Zob2001 why not join the forum I would like to see pictures of your Clio's together it's not often we have someone with two, any other cost saving repairs would be welcome that's what the forum is for.

Reactions: Raptor6767
Suj. Do you know which part of them is uprated?

I've always fitted the ones of eBay. Seem decent enough and come with the hardware required too.

Truthfully I've never used his or the ones off eBay, but many people on this forum and friends have used raptors ones and they're well chuffed.

Why I've not mentioned quality in my post, I would only post about my own experience really.

Reactions: RSRowe
theres already a post about this which have moved to the "ebay" section....not sure we need to be duplicating the same thread

Reactions: suj