Cleaning & Treating KTR Filter

krash67

Gold Member
Would be good to hear from people that have these, how did you clean and post treat the air filter? what products?

Response from KTR on my enquiry on this below. For reference I used dishwashing liquid as recommended and then used Fuchs Foam Filter Oil for the oiling.
Cheers.

"Product:
KTR AIR FILTER CLEANING KIT

Question: Hi, I have recently purchased a KTR induction kit second hand. I am located in Australia and thus it is uneconomical to purchase this cleaning kit. Is a K&N filter cleaning kit suitable instead? Can you also please email me the cleaning instructions for the filter as I did not recieve any with my induction kit?

Answer: Hi, Do not use K&N filter detergent or oil with our filter- it could damage the filter and/or engine. There are no cleaning instructions with the kit. Use a small amount of mild detergent such as washing up liquid in warm (not hot) water, clean thoroughly then place a small amount of light filter oil in a plastic bag and place the filter in the bag, coating the filter until it is completely covered."

Similar Thread Suggestions