Cleaning Speedlines

james_h

Platinum Member
Just after a bit of advice from the experienced detailers out there.

What are your recommendations for cleaning and protecting my new Matte Black Speedlines.

I've see a few images of originally Matte Wheels turned shiny from over exuberant cleaning perhaps (possibly reducing the Matt clear coat over time)..

I have the usual Bilberry cleaner, auto finesse verso, car pro trix etc....but is there anything better?

Protection... also after ideas.. But nothing again that will alter the finish..

cheers

Sealants are supposed to be better than waxes/pastes. I used Poorboys on my matte black wheels and it didn't add to the finish, but I also think there are better sealants out there.

I also use bilberry and it's fine to use on the matte finish. Once they're sealed properly, you shouldn't need anything too strong to clean them anyway (if you're running standard brake pads). Shampoo and a detailing brush will sort it out, with a de-iron and reseal every 6-12 months.

I can recommend GTechnic C5 to seal gives a good 12 months. I personally like Dodo juice Supernatural wheel cleaner, gives a nice slippery clean that lifts the grime and does not scratch as much as the usual culprits. Little EZ brush is really good for getting in as well.

Dont think it matters what you use
Just dont take them off to clean and then drop one face down, like i just did twice.

Similar Thread Suggestions