cleaning seat belts

i have got silver seat belts in my car for some stupid reason someone decided black ones didnt work properly while they might look nicer they are a pain in the ass to clean anyone know of a cleaning products that will get the marks off

i have got silver seat belts in my car for some stupid reason someone decided black ones didnt work properly while they might look nicer they are a pain in the ass to clean anyone know of a cleaning products that will get the marks off

What you using ATM?

I'd say a decent interior shampoo on them, maybe Auto Glym?

i havent tried anything other than soap and water yet but i dont want to waste my money on a poor cleaning product there is some oil on the seat belt will it get oil out

My belts looking grubby as well, been thinking about what to use on them as well.

Was thinking about removing the belts from car and then unwinding so that I could then put entire belt in and soak in bowl of some cleaning product like normal washing powder/liquid etc.

yes.

Need a bucket of warm water & put washing powder in it.

1. Undo the bolt at the bottom seat belt.
2. Pull the seat belt all the way & find any clips to stop roll back.
3. Need a towel over the seats in case splash.
4. Seat belt go in the bucket on the seat & remember don't put the seat belt clips in it.
5. Clean it off with nail brush or sponge.
6. Pull it out, wipe with wet cloth & dry towel after.
7. Turn engine on to dry the seat belt.

Done!

Hope that understand.

yes.

Need a bucket of warm water & put washing powder in it.

1. Undo the bolt at the bottom seat belt.
2. Pull the seat belt all the way & find any clips to stop roll back.
3. Need a towel over the seats in case splash.
4. Seat belt go in the bucket on the seat & remember don't put the seat belt clips in it.
5. Clean it off with nail brush or sponge.
6. Pull it out, wipe with wet cloth & dry towel after.
7. Turn engine on to dry the seat belt.

Done!

Hope that understand.

yep, crystal clear :wink: - what i was thinking of doing to get best results, so good it's tried and tested

re. step 4. now knowing renault the metal on the seatbelt clips will prob. start to rust :rofl: if they get wet

I'm so glad someone started this post, my yellow belts are minging on the lap area. Must be worse with white ones...