cleaning ITG

Yes mate, i fitted one on wed this week!!!

Its says that it does not need cleaning for the life of the product as it is has a coating of oil in it.
However if you do get a build up of detritus on the surface of the filter then to wipe it with a lint free cloth.
DO NOT wash it.

Hope this helps.

im pretty sure the packaging says its a never clean filter but i cant see how that is lol as its going to trap dirt, could maybe soak/wash in warm soapy water and rinse out, but make sure its fully dry before refitting, or if you hav access to an air line could use a blower

Yeah they are oiled so they don't need to go anywhere near water!

It is a good idea to invert them every 6/12 months as the oils seeps to the bottom over time.

I have vacced mine with the dyson just to remove the big bits - if it gets dry i.e. you have been driving over dusty roads everyday and the oil has been soaked up then it will need re-oiling, but I aren't sure what is needed for that!

Its funny that they say you don't need to clean them as ITG offer cleaning instructions on their website and also sell a cleaning and oiling fluid!

Its funny that they say you don't need to clean them as ITG offer cleaning instructions on their website and also sell a cleaning and oiling fluid!

I dont think that they advertise it as 'no need to clean' I think it is 'no need to replace' there is a big difference, but I can see where the confusion comes from.