Car Kit Online - Stay Away

Just thought I'd post that if anyone comes across this site, please don't buy anything from them.

http://www.carkitonline.co.uk/

I ordered a proclip and iphone 4 holder over two weeks ago - the money immediately left my account, but nothing has arrived. Several emails and phone calls (to a mobile) have gone unanswered.

I'm pretty sure my money is lost and as the order was under £100 I'll have no joy with the credit card people, but hopefully this post will stop someone else repeating my mistake. IMO (and experience) it smells like a scam site, so please don't waste your money there.

That's £50 less I've now got for the ring :worried:

Not true about the credit card mate. They wont refuse it if its under £100, it can be for any amount, usually if it is an amount under £8 it is refunded immediately. If you have any problem with making a claim give me a shout, it is what I used to do while in uni...

Have you tried the 0844 number on the contacts page?

Might also be with checking with customs house (I think they are called) to see if they are a registered company?

Hope you get it sorted, hate seeing people get ripped off :worried:

Have you tried the 0844 number on the contacts page?

Yeah - tried the number loads. Keeps going to an Orange answer machine. The postcode puts the business in the middle of a warehouse in Manchester. I've also found them on Amazon with 1 review experiencing the same problems.

Might also be with checking with customs house (I think they are called) to see if they are a registered company?

Hope you get it sorted, hate seeing people get ripped off :worried:

I'll give that a go! Got the sinking feeling at the end of last week when my first two emails didn't get anywhere.

Not true about the credit card mate. They wont refuse it if its under £100, it can be for any amount, usually if it is an amount under £8 it is refunded immediately. If you have any problem with making a claim give me a shout, it is what I used to do while in uni...

Thanks Paul - I'll give them a call.

Edit:
Yep they're registered.

Name & Registered Office:
VISION RETAILING LIMITED
M2A HOUSE
WARDLEY BUSINESS PARK
WALKDEN
MANCHESTER
M28 2LX
Company No. 06718429

Date of Incorporation: 08/10/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
7487 - Other business activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/10
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/10/2009 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
Next Accounts Due: 31/07/2011
Last Return Made Up To: 08/10/2010
Next Return Due: 05/11/2011

Last Members List: 08/10/2010

Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

UK Establishment Details
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

and although I didn't buy through Amazon (wishing I did) I've sent Amazon an email explaining the above. They are now investigating them!

Last edited:
Sad to hear about the £50 mate, thats like 2 laps of the ring!
But at least you've done something about it, cheers for heads up :smile:

I am just wondering if anyone has updates regarding CarKitonline. I ordered from them and have not heard a thing! Unfortunately I only started searching for information about the company after not being able to contact them.
Many Thanks