Captur service intervals

Hi all

Not a Renault sport but my wife has a capture now 18m old which we have had from new.

It is the 0.9tce on a 4yr Renault service plan.

We had it serviced at 1yr old with about 10k miles on

Now the car comouter says its due a service in 1000 miles - only 6months or so after its first service!

What does the first service actually do then? It looks like not much of the oil hasn't been changed...

Do they not change the oil at first service unless 18k is reached?

This means we are going to have to take the car in twice a year due to the oil service not tallying up with the annual interval they stipulate.

Bloody stupid system they have created. My Clio 200 was every 24m or 12k miles or whatever soonest.

The owners manual are clear as mud and can't find a service interval or check list anywhere of what gets done when

Anyone know if this is likely to be a mechanic forgetting to do a reset computer job or if it actually needs to go back in?

Service book is stamped but no mention if oil was changed or when next is due. It seems very ambiguous.

Cheers

Not too sure on that.

The service light was counting down days when we took it in the first time

Now it's counting the miles. Not sure if both days AND miles need to be reset.

Just a stab in the dark here, but with brand new cars is there not some kind of 'running in' service - i.e. not a full one, just a basic one once the car has been run in for x number of miles? I may be wrong, but that could tally up with you now needing a full service?

But as Giles suggests, you're best off speaking to the dealer and getting them to clarify the service schedule and the work that was actually done at 10k miles.

Just a stab in the dark here, but with brand new cars is there not some kind of 'running in' service - i.e. not a full one, just a basic one once the car has been run in for x number of miles? I may be wrong, but that could tally up with you now needing a full service?

But as Giles suggests, you're best off speaking to the dealer and getting them to clarify the service schedule and the work that was actually done at 10k miles.

There is on posh stuff, but not a bog standard renault!

The Captur is due yearly or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The first year service, if 18,000 miles hasn't been reached is a pollen filter change, then the oil and filter is due at 18,000. If your car falls under 4+ Servicing then this is how Renault want it to be done. If you're paying for the service then i suggest you just pay for the oil and filter, along with pollen filter change - more so for convenience! And make sure they reset both service lights lol.

Similar Thread Suggestions