Can you get 4 adults comfortably in a 197?

I'm just about to start car sharing with 3 other lads from work, across our 70 mile round trop to work (Walsall to Worcester), but it's my turn tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it, because I think it'll be a bit cramped.

Anyone lugged 4 people around in theirs? Is there enough space in the back?

The other lads have 3 series' BMW's and a Leon FR...

Russ.

yea if had 3 of my cousins in mine and they are not small blokes and there was no problem mate

I don't think it's too bad tbh, I had 3 mates in the car for over an hour when we went down to silverstone and they didn't complain, and they'd have said something if they were squashed!

Mine has standard seats though...

mines got standard seats to but mine is lowered on h&r springs and its solid and they still didnt complain

Had 3 big uni mates in the back before, a bit of a squash but you'll be fine with just 2, make sure they put their headrests up, I have alot of passengers who don't realise they move and complain that they are a design flaw and digging into their back lol.

took the familly out init and they thought it was a bit bumpy in the back but take all the friends out init and they love it think its really comfy :S

Yeah, lack of torque won't help. It's all about economy tbh, I'm just glad I'm not doing the journey every day. Once a week is plenty! :smile:

Don't worry about it Russ, there is plenty of room. I often have passengers in the back and plenty of room!

I would say theres more room with the Recaros than with the normal units.

I have had 3 large 'uns and me in mine (I was driving, so plenty of space behind me -lol) and it was all fine...

sure they will love the ride :smile:

The additional benefit of having a full car is that its gonna look like its slammed on its backside lol! I regularly have 4 others in my car and they always say its a lot bigger than it looks!

I had four adults in my 182 plenty of times with no problems so im sure you'll be fine in the bigger 197 mate - Unless the size of it inside looks wise has desieved me! lol

Well I just did it and it was fine - still went well too considering but I could obviously feel the extra weight.

Did 45MPG too going between 50/70 on the motorway - sweet :smile: