Can Anybody Help With Mist Washers.?

They need a little trim (sharp knife) but if you take your renault ones out and look at the hole the new ones need to go into it'll sort of explain itself.

Not a lot to trim out, just take your time.

I fitted these today. Its quite easy. If you trim off the larger of the two tabs (the one that would be facing towards the cabin when fitted) they go in quite snugly. There a big bigger on the bonnet but not much.

Not long back back from a run in the 200. I must say that these mist or fan washer jets are a vast improvement over the rubbish standard ones. On first squirt while stationary I thought they were aimed a bit high hitting the top of the screen, but when moving they cover the full screen quite nicely. Well worth the £6 delivered they cost.

One word of warning though don't let the knife slip and slice your thumb open. Mine is still bleeding 8 hours after :worried:

Last edited:
I just got some of these too, fairly easy to trim down with a stanley knife and fit fairly well.

BUT!
-They are pretty weak! They seem like they need more power. I was expecting something like the ones on the 2007-on Mazda 2. They are awesome washers. But I don't think they'd be suitable for the Clio because they're not mounted on the bonnet on the Mazda, they're mounted on the scuttle panel so the clips that hold them on are likely much deeper.

-They do aim high when not moving fast enough for the headwind to blow the water down. I'll get a picture later of the amount of water on my roof.

EDIT:

These Mazda/Ford ones are worth a try. I'm going to try and get some, they are far superior nozzles. Here's a link: http://www.peatpics.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=89637

Ford Part Number: YL8Z-17603-AA
Mazda Part Number EC01-67-50YA

I'll post the results when I get some.

EDIT 2: These parts are for North American cars, the Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute so the PNs are unlikely to work in your local dealers. I'll update when I find out where to get these, they look like they'd be a good fit.

Last edited:
I doubt the washer jets will affect the pressure of the water coming out of it much. The standard washer jets don't have much pressure either. If your looking the Ford ones here you go:

Finis 1708796 x 2 - Ford dealer £2.44 each + VAT

I had these in my ST and they worked OK.

The washer could affect the pressure of the water coming from the jets. If they have a smaller opening for the jet it would force the water out with more force.

True. But its not like your trying to blast the dirt off the windscreen. The Fiat/Lancia/Alfa washers give great coverage of the screen for the wipers to do their thing.

My logic was:

Standard jets have ample force from 4x holes

FLA jets seem weak from 2x holes

So the holes in the FLA jets must be a bit too big for the Clio. I'm not wanting them to physically blast off the dirt, but a more "powerful" jet would make a finer mist and more effective spray, these ones emit a spray that I can only describe as dribbly and blobby.

Cheers for the Ford part number Paddy!

Edit: just looked at them and they're different to the Escape/Mazda Tribute ones and don't look like they will easily fit in the Clio bonnet. The search continues! I'll go and harass my local Ford parts dealer later today.

Last edited:
Anybody know the hose type that the washers are connected to? Mine are starting to break up as I am pulling them off?

Please, find some GREAT nozzles because this OEM ones are ****. At speeds >130km/h they spread the mist too low, however when you drive <80km/h the mist is OK.

Post a link too.

Why don't we retrofit one of these! I am sure this will clear the muck!

K570G_LARGE.jpg

I have reserved some new tubing in halfrauds so will fit it tomorrow if it isn't snowing and let you know the results...

My logic was:

Standard jets have ample force from 4x holes

I found the standard one to be quite pathetic really. When stationary they hit about 4 -5 inches above the wipers and when moving at any real speed they just about hit the window. I'm finding the FLA ones much better.