Cage Fit

burrellbloke

Paid Member
I picked up a JP Cages Hal cage from @PITA yesterday.

The cage fits inside the car but is putting pressure on the passenger side seatbelt mechanism. The cage is the right cage for an unstripped interior and fitted perfectly fine in the full fat Clio that it came out from.

This is the drivers side that fits fine.

2DCC4D6B-2538-4CFE-8926-EDF4BC63E308.jpeg

This is the passenger side that I have an issue with.

C82A2C0D-7859-4BE1-91E7-9C4609890223.jpeg

The feet are not bolted down yet, they are just lined up with the ISOfix bar holes (with some screws in) at the rear.

Any ideas?

When you bolt to the floor for the front feet, just mark up with some pressure inwards, so then there is more of a gap on passenger side?

Thanks - I will dig out some ratchet straps and see if it relieves the pressure on the passenger aside.

I thought it would be difficult to get the cage in the car, not to get it to sit right.

Did you find fitting this relatively straight forward? Thinking of ordering the half bolt in, but wanted to know how to fit it properly and havent found many guides specific to the JP cage.

does JP provide spreader plates for the underside or wheel arch? And do you have to weather seal these or similar?

Did you find fitting this relatively straight forward? Thinking of ordering the half bolt in, but wanted to know how to fit it properly and havent found many guides specific to the JP cage.

does JP provide spreader plates for the underside or wheel arch? And do you have to weather seal these or similar?

If it didn't rub on the seatbelt it would have been very simple imo, 2 hours or so max. A second set of hands would make it a lot easier as well.

It was just a case of removing the front and rear seats as well as the carpet and insulation from the floor behind the front seats.
Slot the cage in, bolt it into the isofix points in the boot, drill the holes through the floor for the front feet and then bolt through into the spreader plates with some sealant/adhesive stuff then re-assemble the interior.

I believe they'll supply the spreader plates and the bolts needed but we got the cage second hand so I don't know for sure, someone else may be able to help on that.

If you're buying new definitely get it in the car to check it's not wonky before the return period is up as that was the only real problem we had.