C3RS200 Bilstein B14 vs CUP Pack stiffness

Plan ahead and buy what you want them to achieve in the long term. I had a set of B14 coilovers for a year. They were good but a bit soft on track days. Finally got a set of Gaz Golds and they are perfect for my track day needs.

Reactions: Big Ben
HR springs fitted. Just a quick ride back home. Not enought time to test properly, but from the first mile it reminded me original CUP but a bit tighter(which is good) and sensibly lower. Suspension is still more lively than it would be on KONI shocks, but I would not say its a bad thing. So far I like it, at least it does not feel worse than CUP. I also quite like the look with 16mm spacers allround. I maybe feel bit more bumpsteer then with CUP springs. Nothing ridiculous, quite like the feedback.
So far so good. Eibachs will be for sale :smile:

Also gutted the pre-cat, since it was rattling horribly.

IMG20230420191951.jpgIMG20230420192017.jpgIMG20230420192037.jpgIMG20230420192023.jpg

hey deekay, I agree with all your feedback. I recently removed the Eibachs and went back to original cup springs for the same reasons. I did my first trackday last week and it was fine for slow corners (albeit could do with better traction) and found that body control was not enough at high speeds 120+kph, with too much diving and rolling at the front axle.

With H&R I only have experience in my 2018 V40 and they're better than the OEM sport chassis springs, although they sit too low at the rear for a family car. I say better because balance is less understeer and body control is much tighter without compromising comfort noticeably.