Business Question Help

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not for that price

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Hi guys, would you mind taking 2 secs to answer, but!

Let's say you come to the IOM on holiday or even lived here, no matter whether it is TT or not but would you consider paying roughly
£70 - Ferrari F430
£60 - Nissan GTR 600 BHP

For a lap around the TT course in those cars as passenger, start and finish at the Grandstand?

Thanks for your time guys

Last edited:
I'd be tempted as its a pretty amazing course and be a great experience, not a bad price on its own but when you add on petrol costs there/back, ferry crossing and hotel (obvs depends where your from) you don't think you'd be far off what it costs to have a go at thrashing one around silverstone for 10 laps

I can't answer as i don't know how long the lap lasts etc

but if your going to run this why not throw in a certificate to give them, photo and their lap on a cd from a on board camera.

imo it would cost you a couple of quid PP but gives them far more of an incentive to have a lap.

obviously you would need a cam and a few sd cards + a laptop with blank dvd's and cases + a camera and printer to do them.

most companies offer this at additional costs but your talking 1 lap here so people will need a reason to jump in.

I would, think I'd want someone with a Motorsport background driving or something like that though (not sure if you do or not, I'm just saying).

Nurburgring charge considerable more for 1 Lap as a passenger in an equivalent car such as the m5

Thanks for the help guys!

We would include putting your film of the run on a memory stick for you as I already have all the gopros needed haha just need to put it on a cheap memory stick!

I'm currently doing my race license but as i'm turning 20 in March its hard to have a back ground but have a very impressive driving history
The other driver would be my father who does have a racing back ground

The whole TT course is 37.5 miles, half of it with no speed limits so we wouldn't go slow!

For 37 miles it's not bad at all then imo

You can get cheap sd cards all over the shop.

I think it will just put a bit of icing some look for that's all that some may need rather than charging for it others may try.

For 37 miles it's not bad at all then imo

You can get cheap sd cards all over the shop.

I think it will just put a bit of icing some look for that's all that some may need rather than charging for it others may try.

Yep! especially if your over here due to the fact to see the course!

And yeah very true, to begin with we'd definitely do that but at TT probs around a fiver for it though

I can't see it making much profit at that price to be honest. 1 lap as decent speeds is going to cost you about £20 in fuel alone, factor in the insurance costs, maintenance etc and I can't see you making much per run? i'm asuming you've done some numbers and it works out profitable, I just can't see how myself.

That said, i'd pick the GTR if I was going in it and would hapily pay £60.

I can't see it making much profit at that price to be honest. 1 lap as decent speeds is going to cost you about £20 in fuel alone, factor in the insurance costs, maintenance etc and I can't see you making much per run? i'm asuming you've done some numbers and it works out profitable, I just can't see how myself.

That said, i'd pick the GTR if I was going in it and would hapily pay £60.

Thanks mate, and we won't have any maintenance costs as we are and 24hr breakdown company with mechanics that can service and maintain them at the moment, and yes profitable atm but unsure on what insurance we would need and the costs, also what type of license you would need?

We worked out roughly that if booked for 10 runs per day in each car for TT week over the 2 weeks, that's £24,000 including fuel costs, you'll also have manx grand prix and all the other races and the little amount around the year?

Of course you'll have maintenence costs, yes the labour might be 'free' (it isn't, you'll be taking peoples time - do they work for free?) also the parts... I'd imagine you'll get through a few sets of tyres, maybe a set of brakes etc - mega bills.

That's if they'll allow you access during the TT. Did you see the James May program where he went round on a mechano motorbike, it was hard work for him to get access to the track around all the bikes.

Yes I understand those costs, granted we get a large discount that will help but it'll still be pricey, labour will be free as they are already getting paid, it's just giving them something to do,

And everyone is allowed on the course, the program didn't really show how easy it is, obviously it would have been very difficult for him with how slow he was going, but the main thrill will be the mountain and the straights