BT57PAO - Can anyone recognise?

Hi everyone,

So I've kept my eyes open for past few months for a decent example of a 197 that I would to get as my first 'sports Renault' I just love the cars. I don't like the 172, can get away with the 182 I suppose if it had the right kit. But ive found this one car for sale for 4,500 which has auto lights, Cruise, custom exhaust etc... Only thing missing which I do really want is the headlight washers so I can fit HID's. In like a candy red sort of colour? Looks really nice. Full service history with receipts, all mot's and surprising there hasn't been alot wrong with the car just usual breaks, balljoints etc... Has had belts done at 85k and it's currently on 96k.

Does anyone recognise this plate and know anything about its past? Do you think this car is worth the asking price for it? Just curious because it's my first Renaultsports, and I want to make it the right one :smile:

Cheers everyone,
Craig

Does the full MoT history that's not got much advisories and nothing bad on them show previous careful owners making it a winner or is it something to be wary of??

Where did you get the info from ref ball-joints etc. Have you spoken to the seller ?

Or are these listed as MOT failures if you check its MOT history ?

Yeah i checked the MoT history, the guy also let me go through all the past receipts, services n MoT's on paper too, there might of been 1 on from a normal service (Can't remember if there was or not) but i think one was also on the MoT history. Ive checked its history on the government mot site and in person and they both match up.

I think with any car you view, a full service history is a huge bonus. Being able to see a record of work done, money spent, previous issues etc is one of the primary things you want with a used car. The seller seems like he's being fairly up front and open with you as well.

Price-wise, it seems ok to me, although I'm not up to speed on what the 197 is selling for at the moment. I'd advise not to jump in with the first car you view - it may well turn out to be the best/most ideal, but it'll give you some perspective if you've seen at least one or two more :smile: