Braking fault

Pav

Hi guys.Got a problem here.Replaced the rubber brake hose on a driver side today with a Hel braided one.After that,this message popped up on me and I have no brakes whatsoever.Anyone could advise me,please?
Thanks

Attachments

• 27102013012.jpg
    27102013012.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 37
did bleed just one caliper-both nipples as i will be doing the rest tomorrow.Had to go in due to this weird weather.So couldnt finish them all.True is that ive lost quite a lot of brake fluid while installing the new hose...
no brakes at all..thats what is scaring me..will bleed them after ive done them all...might sort it out??

Last edited:
right..just topped the brake fluid up and the msg is gone :smile: but still no breaks..guess il sort it when i get to bleed them later on...

you cant just change the lines, then use the car without bleeding the brakes, your just trying to pump air in to the calipers, that's like trying to boil the kettle without putting water in it!
you need to get those brakes bled ASAP, especially before you even consider trying to drive the car again.

yep.aware of that..thanks...i will do it today weather permitting..meant to do it yesterday but the weather put it off...dont have a garage to do it in...
thanks again..hope i manage to do it today...

Last edited:
so what do you suggest..bleeding them should help,shouldnt it??
got one of those pressure bleeders from ebay so will jump on it as soon as the weather gets a bit better...

get all of the lines changed, then start from there and bleed it all through correctly.
you can buy little bleeding pipes with one way valves in them which can make life sooo much easier if you are doing it on your own.

I haven't got a link to them, sorry, I just got mine off a mate who is our local Mac Tools Distributor.
but what you have shown will certainly do the job you require.