Brake troubles...

Hi,

I recently had a brand new set of front discs and pads put on my 200 courtesy of Renault. Now I have noticed that under heavy braking on the motorway for example the car seems to dive a littler to the left or something, it doesn't feel quite right.

Do the brakes just need some bedding in time or should I be concerned? Or could a sticking rear caliper even do this?

Thanks

best get them to check it for you - dont chance it on brakes...

try it on a flat road or carpark first - speed up and then brake long/hard and take hands off steering wheel - it should track almost dead straight

roads have a camber on them and the 197 likes to follow this as its cambered off to the left for drainage and hence the drift/pull to the left on certain roads

I will probably take it back again! 4th Visit to Renault in 2 months since buying it :worried:

When fitting new discs and pads should the retaining pins be greased, or is it just the pads that get greased?

It shouldn't pull to the side under braking. The clio can be a bit twitchy but it's always controllable.

Hopefully this is just a bad spell of the clio needing warranty work, I've had mine 3 years now and it's never been in for work.

I followed the bedding in process last night and gave it a good mixture of heavy and medium braking from speed on a quiet straight road and they seem to have settled down now, maybe just needed some time to bed. Hopefully that is all the little issues sorted now and I ordered a nice KTR Pro Performance cat back today :smile:

Are you not slightly worried about fitting an aftermarket exhaust when still in warranty?
Don't really effect it mate, ie. fitting an exhaust and your air con compressor goes pop, nothing to link the 2 so can't really decline the warranty, same with if you need a new steering wheel/recaro base/window seal. Fitting an exhaust has nothing to do with the other parts. Only if the said part modified caused an issue with what it is connected with - for example getting a re-map - engine then goes pop and Renault find out you had a map then they would laugh and go sorry, you modified your engine!

Surely though any engine problems could be related back to an aftermarket exhaust?
Just asking because I want to change mine!

Surely though any engine problems could be related back to an aftermarket exhaust?
Just asking because I want to change mine!

It all depends if the 'aftermarket' exhaust is still on when it goes in for warrenty work. :innocent: