Brake lines

Never had these fitted to any of my cars owned, do they really make a difference having them on car ?

Looking at the Goodridge brake lines

Thanks all

As Merde Francais mentioned above.u will not feel any difference.have had them on my car for 6 months now and never felt a slightest difference..
a different story might be when u do a track day..alongside with some decent pads and fluid-they should perform better but again-i couldnt tell a difference tbh..
hope this helps

the best way to find out is to get a set..:jase:
not an expensive mod..so why not...

As above, you get zero difference for the first 50% of pedal travel but after that it does make a difference.

On my monitor I get a greater brake pressure also.

Craig, I'm looking to do my discs pads and hoses next month, I was just gonna buy the Ktec brake lines but where abouts are you buying the good ridge ones from?

I had a set of goodridge lines on my old track Saxo years ago and noticed a big difference, but maybe standard 197 and 200 lines are just very good which is why everyone is not noticing much difference.

got mine from ebay..cant go wrong with either of them two brands...£60 delivered...

Just be careful when routing the Goodridge hose, the ones I got came with a P clip to keep the brake pipe tight to the top of the hub carrier. it didn't work and within 20 miles the pipe was rubbing on the inner edge of the rim.

Gone with ktec hoses this time as they have rubber tubes on the pipe so you can reuse the existing Renault pipe bracket - a proper job

I agree with this. Had to make a new clip for mine to keep it steady on the Goodridge ones.

Just be careful when routing the Goodridge hose, the ones I got came with a P clip to keep the brake pipe tight to the top of the hub carrier. it didn't work and within 20 miles the pipe was rubbing on the inner edge of the rim.

Gone with ktec hoses this time as they have rubber tubes on the pipe so you can reuse the existing Renault pipe bracket - a proper job

Any idea where I can get A N/S and O/S brake pipe bracket?

Pez

Iv looked on the net loads and can't find anything, I even went to Renault and come away with the bloody ABS braket because they didn't no what was needed. (Il still use these mind)
P Clip is a good shout.
What's the thread size to attach it?

Pez