200: Brake Fluid suggestions for track use

Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality brake fluid for my Clio 200? I’m currently on stock disks and pads (Brembo). I mostly use it for track use.

On previous track days I have also felt the brakes shudder/vibrate under heavy breaking. I think it is due to slightly overheating the brakes as it doesn’t happen when they are cool.
If it’s worth upgrading disks/pads, what would you recommend?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Castro’s SRF. Fill and forget
Plenty of other fluids people will recommend you, but it’s the best wet boiling point fluid you can buy (no system is ever truly dry)

Genuine discs (Brembo)

Pads. Depends how much use you’re going to put through them really. Cup cars run DS1.11. But I’ve managed to get mine vibrating. I’ve swapped to Mintex F2R’s now.

Reactions: James56 and R20BTG
In my experience the rbf 600 is fine and its quite a bit cheaper than the 660. I run the brembo high carbon and the ds1.11 front ds2500 rear. With that setup it took all i gave it, never had a problem. Just make sure you warm up and cool down properly on the day and bed it all in properly. I've a set of pbs pads to try next time round as they have a good rep and are a lot cheaper than the ds1.11. George at road track race was great for advising me to this setup

Reactions: James56
See, I’ve had soft pedal followed by no pedal with 660 :tearsofjoy:. Swapped back to SRF and it’s been fine.
But then I’ve also had issues with vibrations/pad pick up with the DS1.11

No one else seems to have these issues which is annoying.

I’ve ran a few different types, but was on R888R at the time I started having the soft pedal.
My issue with pad pickup is only when I’m doing wet days with my Michelin PS4’s. My thoughts are that I’m not working the material hard enough, or to a high enough temperature and it’s smearing onto the disc surface.

I’m hope my next pads will elevate the issue. I spoke to Kam racing and he had never heard of such an issue. Hesuggest Winmax pads, but for the price I didn’t fancy it.

- brembo high carbon (HC) brake discs (front : 09.8904.11)
- oem rear discs
- ferodo DS1.11 (front : FCP1667W)
- ferodo DS2500 (rear : FCP1491H)
- endless RF-650

never missed a beat.

Reactions: James56 and Sean197