Bloodhound SSC world speed record car.....

fmp

Platinum Member
we are currently building the Bloodhound SSC world speed record car at my work and the BBC rolled by today and did some filming.

I am the fat dude in the background at 1:25-1:35!!! Putting some finishing touches to the Renault F1 engine components I work on...... claim to fame!! haha

Enjoy :thumbup1:

[YOUTUBE]lHpy4MsIA2Y[/YOUTUBE]

My wife had them do a lecture at her work before getting the army to move it to the national railway museum for a few days.

Had quite a lot of 1-1 time with the pilot which was very interesting, none more so than they are paying an african village to clear small stones from the drag strip.

Wow, what an awesome project you are working on. They did testing at the airbase down here back in the summer.

Best of luck. Can you get passenger rides? lol

Are you finishing the external bodywork? -got my name on the tail..

we are doing the main tub/cockpit section. That then bolts on to a space frame that houses the rocket etc.

I am not sure if we are making the rest of the body work sections. We are not painting it or anything like that, so someone else will be applying your name to it :smile:

Mentalpen - yup, Andy Green is the pilot. Super nice guy. And as you rightly say, the lengths they have gone to are incredible. Apparently the African work force removed 6000 tons of gravel/stone/imperections from the 'strip'.

rather them than me!

I am pretty lucky in my job, not only do I get to do F1 bits, but I also had a hand making the bodywork and components for this...

2010-24-Heures-du-Mans-38---JOTA---LM-P2---GBR---ZYTEK--Z11SN---NISSAN-1224A-SBA-1224A-D71-5547_n.jpg

168_Jota_ELMS_Paul_Ricard_2012.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chappers Detailing 8