Blackline LSD

Hi guys was thinking of trying one of the Blackline lsd that a few of the dealers are now offering. Atb type like a Quaife but half the price. was wandering if anyone has tried one? Can't find any reviews anywhere. Car is for road and Hillclimbing in the road car class. Cheers Mick

Vast improvement over standard.

Obviously will still spin up if there’s zero traction on the inside wheel though. Just how ATB’s work

I've got one and while it's probably not as effective as a Gripper, it's much better than stock

Is there any noticeable difference between a Blackline, Val and a Quaife? I am thinking of investing in a LSD next year and am considering my options for a fast road car rather than a gripper just for track use.

I ve recently fitted a Black Line Diff on my 197 along with a recently developed set of Bilstein B16 .
It is a quality product and doesnt feel in any aspect compared to the quaife.
Yes it does make a difference but the front end on the 197 is so well sorted that the diff is not a game changer.. I was expecting a bit more on the turn in but this is coming from my experience with plated diffs.
Still for an every day car its a good compromise but for track use only i would choose a plated diff every day.

I am honest, get a good proven LSD brand (drive several cars with them to feel what you need/want), overhaul the box, new clutch, new crank bearing, you are done and need not to worry taking it apart anytime soon. Cost money? Yes, otherwise we would be driving dull Toyota Corolla's right? :smile:
Learned it the hard way, changing diffs, clutches not in one go.. like a record stuck in a groove..

Anyone know if the Blackline LSD creates much noise

Ive just had one fitted, and there a slight intermittent scraping sound in normal travel

Might be the clutch release bearing, as noise pretty much goes when clutch is depressed
Might event be something rubbing underneath, that Ive yet to investigate

Have you got a lighter flywheel?
I had my box rebuilt with different ratios, short FD, Blackline and Lighter flywheel. It sounds like a quiet version of a straight cut box now, especially on overrun.

Ok, well mine has been doing it since I had the box done March ‘21. I’ve put it down to less inertia causing the gears to chatter a bit more and stopped worrying about it.