Black specs on paint work

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

Im not really a cleaning wizard when it comes to my car but I have just recently noticed that my paint work has black speccles all over it, these come off when you get a mitt and some bubbles to it but the pressure washer wont touch them.......

What are they? How can i protect against them?

Many Thanks
James

Hi All,

Im not really a cleaning wizard when it comes to my car but I have just recently noticed that my paint work has black speccles all over it, these come off when you get a mitt and some bubbles to it but the pressure washer wont touch them.......

What are they? How can i protect against them?

Many Thanks
James

Seems like Tar to me dude. Get yourself a decent tar remover and that'll shift it!

As Craig's said, it sounds like tar contamination and you can remove it with a decent tar remover.

We sell two tar removers:

Dodo Juice Tarmalade Tar & Glue Remover - Tar removers have historically had a couple of issues - they 'run off' the paintwork and smell horrible. Tarmalade addresses both points. It's a thick paste based on nature's own degreaser and super-solvent, orange oil. So it clings to paintwork, giving a good dwell time, and smells of oranges. In fact, it's so pleasant to use you'll have to stop yourself spreading it on your toast...

Dodo Juice Supernatural Tar & Glue Remover - Most tar and glue removers are pretty unpleasant to use, but not this one! Supernatural Tar & Glue Remover will do what it says on the label, and remove tar, rubber and glue with ease – whilst being a pleasure to use. It’s made with pure, natural orange oil, and smells amazing.

Regards, Matt