Bitcoin / altcoin / crypt currencies

If you make more than 11k on bitcoins I think they need declaring anyway as they appear to fall under capital gains in the UK.

Steve do you just use these trader/exchange sites, buy low trade high? Why not just do the same with shares?

If you make more than 11k on bitcoins I think they need declaring anyway as they appear to fall under capital gains in the UK.

Steve do you just use these trader/exchange sites, buy low trade high? Why not just do the same with shares?

Yeah, exactly that, just research and see who has things coming up etc etc. Found out one had a release on such and such date, brought in at 30K, sold when it reached 42K but on hindsight should have held as it carried on climbing to 56K.

Is a good point, just something i've never really looked into

Yeah, exactly that, just research and see who has things coming up etc etc. Found out one had a release on such and such date, brought in at 30K, sold when it reached 42K but on hindsight should have held as it carried on climbing to 56K.

Is a good point, just something i've never really looked into

When you say coming up I'm assuming you mean financials being released? What do these include?

Looks interesting. I'd have to research shares etc much more before feeling confident to put money into something

When you say coming up I'm assuming you mean financials being released? What do these include?

Updates, new product features, press releases etc etc etc. One i know has a conference in Chicago on the 13th July I could buy in now but just holding out as its not started on a + trend yet, think it still has a couple of people trying to drive the price down before it spikes

Updates, new product features, press releases etc etc etc. One i know has a conference in Chicago on the 13th July I could buy in now but just holding out as its not started on a + trend yet, think it still has a couple of people trying to drive the price down before it spikes

See that's something else that I've noticed that unsettles me a bit. You say a "couple" of people are driving the price down. Two people?

See that's something else that I've noticed that unsettles me a bit. You say a "couple" of people are driving the price down. Two people?

Said 'couple' as a figure of speech. It could well be one, could be 10

Can see it on the forums, tying to scare people into selling, people panic sell, price drops, they then buy up all the weak hands for very small amounts

BUT..if they have tried to get it down then they will most certainly will want it do rise so they make £££. Can see their sell/buy order lined up.

I'm in on one now thats been driven down, it has evened out, price slowly rising again, along with new releases in the pipeline it should in theroy (but obvs not a guarantee) peak back to where it was at roughly before, if not more (+five times higher in value)

The stronger coins its harder for people to manipulate as they are so much more volume, but the ones with lower volume pump and dumps will happen. get in the right time and you can make alot, wrong time and you'll loose alot

So you're buying the coin and chosing which one, given your example of if coin xyz decides to release a new feature and then hoping it's worth more? If that's the case then surely these coins don't update much? What is there to update infact?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Siliconsteve General Chat 3