Bilstein b14

Hi guys, i was gifted a new set of b14’s which I started fitting last night. I’ve got a couple of questions I can’t find using the search..
Do I need to run the original plastic bottom cover for the spring as mine is all split!
Mine is a fully stripped caged track car and on the lowest setting it still looks a bit high on the rear- again I was gifted the suspension- I know there was probably better track focused chooses out there!
Finally I’m a bit worried about the corrosion issue people have had with these, is there anything I can do to reduce it at all?
Hopefully will attack the fronts in the next couple of days- any tips would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a lovely gift!

Rears you can remove the adjustment perch and run just on the spring to go a bit lower (but use the rubber OEM cups to help locate the spring).

For stopping corrosion I would spray on this stuff called ACF-50 onto the threads, also look on eBay (or I think Tegiwa) sell "coilover socks" they cover the spring and damper unit to stop dirt sitting there that causes the corrosion.

Like you said, I think they're going to be a bit soft for your spec of car / intended use.

Maybe sell them and put in the difference for some more suited coilovers?

Reactions: luigi172
As above really. ACF-50 and socks will help but if it’s just a track car you should be fairly ok as I’m guessing there’ll not be many, if any, road miles through winter. My old ones corroded quite badly even when coated in ACF-50 but they never seized.