Battery/ key card

Hi all having a problem with my key card, sometimes it's detected sometimes its not! One key works 90% of the time the other very rarely works.... I've looked on a few forums and I've read if you disconnect the battery for 5 mins it normally cures the problem.. But I've been warned about the windows going up inch by inch or something? Has anyone solved this problem! Thanks joe :/

Do the simple thing and replace the batteries first...then see how you get on.

Also, how are electric windows supposed to move if you disconnect the battery? There would be no electric....

No I ment after reconnecting the battery will the windows move inch by inch?

No, complete myth.

The windows inching up is a safety thing that kicks in if you've been messing with the buttons... Trying to get both windows down the same amount for example, it kicks the safety thing in and assumes a child is playing with it so the windows only move about an inch at a time. It's easily reset anyway. :smile:

I've just disconnected my battery and there's 3 negative posts and 2 earth wires but I can't remember how they go please someone send me a pic . I've connected it one way now I can't lock it! And the ESP it off and won't turn back on please help !!

No? Don't tell me it charges the battery because it doesnt....

according to renault techs they do, but alot of cars key cards started working again after theyve started using the keycard in the slot again.

I'm changing them after work is there any warning that they need changing like in the display messages? I use it in the slot quite a bit. My partner has a megane she's had it for over 2 years now and has only just noticed she has a key slot and hers works spot on all the time :s :smiley:

When mine was playing up it didnt show the message and for the sake of a couple of quid it worth trying that first