Banned from renaultsport uk

Hi
just been banned from renaultsport.co.uk . I was warned about using some rude words to describe renault and their abysmal handling of the common faults on the new rs200 , so I started useing xxxxx Instead of letters and I've been banned for this
lol Shocker
to be honest I couldn't really care cause their r-link is xxxx

Without seeing the post, it's hard to know whether it was justified and constructive.

What did you say?

RUK customer service is generally very good, however Renaults failure to address any inherent problems with their cars is pretty shocking & nothing surprises me these days.
I remember when Cliosport.net got a 300 name long list of people who had their 1*2 steering wheel melt- RUK just ignored it.

So is renaultsport.co.uk in some way affiliated with RUK? My advice whould echo others comments though and try not to swear :wink:

I'm back at Renault on Friday for an assement of the common boot rust thats just started to appear and at the same time I'll talk steering wheels. I'm not holding my breath that this will get resolved given my experiance over the steering rack and UJ I had replaced.
They verbally over the phone have so far denied any of my issues are common, this forum suggests everything I've suffered should be acknowledged by them really. On a circa 20k mile car all of those things are piss-poor.

What response are you looking for from us? hahaa..

Hi nothing really , usually don't use rude words on forums but this car is driving me nuts . The engine , gearbox , handling are all superb but let down by cheap and nasty r-link unit and various other things
i lost total faith in my dealer when I went in to report a sticky headlight - indicator stalk it goes very smoothly down but now and again it crunches , sticks on way up and their answer was that your fighting against gravity on the way up
if my dealer thinks people are that thick to believe a excuse like that they are certainly not getting my car to fix
i have rattling wires behind the a pillars and mentioned it and they said they all do that so we ain't going to fix it
indicator lights come on when you open boot to quickly
as for the rlink its **** and won't update , the dealer says he doesn't want to try incase it bricks the unit because there to expensive to replace
boot struts went in the first three months
i get gearbox fault codes all the time in race mode when in first and then jumps straight to six for no reason
fault code is gearbox external overheat and dealer says there is no fix at moment for that one
etc etc etc on faults I could go on all day but do renault want to do anything no the don't they don't return my calls
they have banned me from their forums and don't answer my emails any more

no wonder a 74 year old man starts saying rude words

Perhaps joining the Scottish section on here and asking for advice on another dealer recommendation may be a good idea.

R-Link has known issues and there is a post on it on the RS site which iirc gives a work round. I'm at work but will try look for it later.

The indicators is due to the alarm not deactivating quick enough before you open the boot. It is also known to happen on the doors too.

Renault had a issue recently with members and language as well as questioning how the forum was being run. You need to remember it is an official forum. They have intervened on a number of things to get issues solved for members in the past but as I'm sure you will appreciate there are ways and means if getting things solved.

What fault code are you getting on the gearbox? I've only driven the 200T on track via RUK lending me it but despite it's constant thrashing and launch starts it never once overheated.

By the way you are not banned but had a 7 day suspension put on your account as per rules, of which I know you are aware of them.

Perhaps joining the Scottish section on here and asking for advice on another dealer recommendation may be a good idea.

R-Link has known issues and there is a post on it on the RS site which iirc gives a work round. I'm at work but will try look for it later.

The indicators is due to the alarm not deactivating quick enough before you open the boot. It is also known to happen on the doors too.

Renault had a issue recently with members and language as well as questioning how the forum was being run. You need to remember it is an official forum. They have intervened on a number of things to get issues solved for members in the past but as I'm sure you will appreciate there are ways and means if getting things solved.

What fault code are you getting on the gearbox? I've only driven the 200T on track via RUK lending me it but despite it's constant thrashing and launch starts it never once overheated.

By the way you are not banned but had a 7 day suspension put on your account as per rules, of which I know you are aware of them.

Hi
ill try not to use silly naughty words but when my dealer denies all knowledge of any faults and talks to you like your an idiot your bound to get a little angry , everyone else seems to know about beat the alarm when opening the doors but the dealers are telling you it doesn't exist and same with all the other silly faults they won't admit to and just treat you like an idiot which I am not , I have built and raced evos and did hold a few track records for fastest road car on a few hill climbs , just lost the British road at class record at Doune hillclimb after holding it for three years , so I'm not stupid when it comes to faulty cars
anyway back to my clio rs200 the engine fault code I keep getting is p0136
transmission code is U0073 which is outside temperature sensor input signal to high the other when it jumps gears in race mode is b2-1 code unknown
my garage keep saying there is nothing wrong and no updates are available at moment for gearbox which I know is rubbish ( wink wink ) don't ask me
as for the r-link not updating the garage say my unit has a serial number that will brick if they update from the garage and they can't afford to try incase they have to fit a new one ( great renault service again )
as for gravity making the indicator stalk stiff going up the way that's complete and utter fairy tails and I wish renault would ask me cause I would name and shame them ( evans halshaw Edinburgh service manager ) oops
when I went to another dealer the first thing they said was oh that's the car with the problems we can't touch it it needs to go back to the supplying dealer , well I told him he was talking ******** but all he did was get grumpy and say he wasn't fixing it
as for Samir and the team at r- link they don't even reply to my emails asking them if they have solved the problem , the last one I got was a few months ago saying my problem of the rs sound update was beyond the capabilities and go and bother my dealer for a fix , I still have this email if you would like me to send it to you
Cheers Don Ross

Six months and tried to go back to dealers after three weeks but they just ignore you , twenty years ago I would have drove it through their showroom window but I'm trying to chill in my old age
still when it comes down to it it's still a nice little drive when it works but never once has anyone from renault phoned me back to see what they could do to fix the problems

Bloody hell that's a long list with problems...

Nasty story here mate, it seems that you were seriously unlucky with the car. I can't recall reading about any similar problems from members with new clios but terrible customer service from Renault by the sounds of it.

I thought id Copy this post from a 6 page thread on Cliosport as its from a dealer in Scotland- Arnold clark- I wonder if its the same.

The car was a clio 200.

Renault UK are useless, not interested, love to ensure me how well trained their dealerships are and how reliable the cars are (not really relevent since ive had a MASSIVE failure and massive f**k up by useless dealerships, they love a curtisy call to make sure the car is still f**ked and love to take details about loads of stuff but not do much about it - like all the details for RCI finance so they can get in contact and speed things up - yet they dont bother their arse to actually contact them.

RCI finance are even better, they agree Arnold clark should not touch the car until they have spoken to them since ive requested a refund or replacement. so tell me to cancel the appointment to have it rectified (this was 3 weeks ago) i had to chase them up as i hadnt heard anything from them to be told, ahh we spoke to the dealership who told us you had canceled the appointment so we assumed the car was ok?!?! WHAT THE f**k?!!? so ive now told them they better phone me on monday with serious progress or they can come and collect there car as im canceling the payments. not paying for something i cant get use of.

Arnold clark, dont even go there, in the last 2 years i have bought £30,000 of cars from this dealership and the family business has bought over £200,000 worth of cars from them and they are not in the slightest bit interested in anything thats going on.

so as far as i can see my options are....

trade the car in loosing money given the fact its only 3 months old!
pay someone i trust to put the 7 faults right
pay to go down the legal route - expensive, stressfull and time consuming
cancel the payments and have the car returned/repossessed - affecting my credit rating of course.
put up with driving an undrivable piece of s**t paying a s**t load of money and running costs for (not an issue if the car was perfect as it was!)

evans halshaw Edinburgh service manager

In my experience your issue is right there in those few words, imo they don't train their tech's and have a large turn over of staff meaning they never learn bugger all as they move about too much.

I rejected my 200 last year and from what you have said i would defiantly look at rejecting yours.

The only problem is RUK customer services seem to employ a lot of idiots, they never call back, never have any knowledge of common faults and above all else have no urgency to get anything resolved.

Your best bet is to only make contact through RUK :bye2: (free phone number 01923 697200 just ask for Customer services) as you don't seem to be making any progress with the dealership. Im sure you have an open case but if you don't open a new one with all the faults you have.

Once you have done this write them a nice letter stating the problems you have, what attempts have been made to address the faults and finally what you want done. Send it recorded delivery and give them 14 days from reciept of the letter to respond with a solution to your problems or else you will start legal proceedings to reject the car. If you have the car on finance also send a copy to RCI finance, as it really is their car not yours and they can put more pressure on RUK.

In the mean time keep a list of all the journeys, calls and any other expenses you have incurred due to the faults with the car. Keep a log of everything, even phone conversations.

Similar Thread Suggestions