Ball joint

Hi guys,
Looking a bit of help. Clio 197 having front ball joint problems, near side front bottom one has failed & making a wild squeaking noise, Unfortunately Renault advise to buy the whole hub? But I’ve saw you can buy them separately. Someone point me in the right direction of good ball joint kits.
Thanks

Go to Raptor6767 he will sell you whatever you need there is a lot of different ones for sale online quality wise I would go for Raptor's or genuine Renault sport ones but Raptors bottom ball joints have a rubber boot the genuine ones don't have which should help them last longer. Your only going to get lower arm ball joints in Newtownards on eBay anyway Eddie and I bought ball joints from Raptor and split the shipping it takes about 5 - 7 days all I can say is the job is not a hammer it out job and some care and heat is needed that's why Renault insist the whole assembly is purchased. I think you are Northern Ireland based if you run into problems I have bare hubs if your stuck and check your springs they can also cause noise and hard to spot. Plan the work as you can do a lot of jobs during this and not much more labour remember the other ball joint may not be faulty but has done the same miles. The bolt on the lower bracket normally does not come out making the job difficult and the Renault dealership would normally insist for safety to replace that bracket at an extra £175 not all the time but be prepared.

Reactions: Raptor6767
Thanks a lot for the info mate.. it’s the Lower ball joint that’s failed. So I’m just gonna replace all 3 as I think it’s the best idea. Roughly how did it take you replace them? Cheers

I can offer you uprated ball joints and Meyle HD drop links.

7380961181caf195527246c33319e091.jpg

ed7fa4ea7f4e8d718470975a2371c040.jpg

Send me a PM m8.

Also, thank you guys for the mention. [emoji8]

Reactions: bedoef
+1 for Raptor's service.

Also, keep in mind if you are paying for the labor, you might want to consider doing all the joints and bushings at the same time if you can. If the lower ball joints are gone, the rest should be pretty old as well and might only have a little life left in them.

Reactions: Raptor6767