bad leak from somewhere :(

My 200 is leaking quite badly, but I haven't got a clue where from. The boot is constantly damp, as are the back seats. Even when the car hasn't moved between a rain shower, there's more water, so it must be leaking from a higher point on the car, rather than being kicked up from underneath it, if that makes sense? I've recently had half the car resprayed and a new handbrake cable fitted. Could either of these be the cause if someone hasn't done something back up properly?

9acl6p.jpg

bijw4.jpg

:angry:

I had the same thing on another car I located it to the panel join in the roof gutter!!. When they fill the seam the sealant can harden and crack try removing the gutter protector and putting some clear silicon sealant along the seam. Could be the same problem worth a try.

Cheers,

Dave.

Just done the job, it was exactly the same problem as the other dude. One of the vents didnt even have a rubber seal at all and had completely fallen off, just resting behind the bumper!

Ah man cheers your thread was really helpful, would never have worked it out without that! Sorry to hear it's failed, tiger seal ALWAYS does the job though!

Hi Matt and gaz. Could you please help me and point me in the direction of gaz's post? I have the same problem and cant seem to find any vents behind the rear bumpers (must be being a noob) _ Thanks.

Right! Very productive day today, 99% sure its sorted.

So, before we started, been riding round with no boot interior, this included the tool kit, carpet, rear trim and parcel shelf

WP_000074.jpg

WP_000073.jpg

As the bumper is coming off for full diagnosis, rear lights have to come out. x3 T20 screws, then pull the clusters towards you. Once off, I then removed the rear wheels, and diffuser, which is held by x2 13mm nuts and x2 T20's.This left it looking like this,

WP_000075.jpg

Then with the wheels removed it made removing part of the rear arch liners easier. Each side is held by x2 T20's, one near the bumper join, and one underneath, and plastic washer near the rear damper. Removed,

WP_000076.jpg

WP_000081.jpg

WP_000079.jpg

So, once all that is off, time to remove the bumper. Quite surprised to find its just the skin, the rear crash inserts are bolted to the car. Its help by another T20 on each side @ the bumper join the the rear quarter panel. Once removed, the bumper is just clipped in to the quarter panels. few swift tugs, sees them free :wink:

WP_000082.jpg

Once removed, your faced with this,

WP_000083.jpg

Bingo, found the issue,

WP_000085.jpg

WP_000086.jpg

^ Both the seals round the vents have split and perished, you can see them just hanging off. Water runs down the boot channel, straight on top of these. These clip into the box section which fills with water, then finds its way into the boot/tool recess........

So Removed the vents, cleaned up the area on the body work, and cracked out the clear silicone!

WP_000089.jpg

Then, reattached the seals on the vents,

WP_000087.jpg

WP_000088.jpg

At this point it started to rain, so never got any more pics. But basically, I clipped the vents back in, and rebuilt the car. I've just checked the boot, and there is no sigh of any more water ingress, so fingers crossed. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days, and report any findings

Cheers

Use tiger seal for it. (local motor factors should sell it) Silicone sealant is not up to the job long term :smile:

I also ****ed the seals off completely, just a nice thick bead of tiger seal around them, jobs now a goodun :smile:

Last edited:
I have also found the part on Dialogys if it helps anyone, that's if you wanted to replace the whole unit.

rear_vent_clio197_zpscc908331.gif