Bad day for the clio...

I thought I'd treat the clio to a new set of brake pads yesterday. All was going well until I noticed the suspension was sitting at an odd angle... Slid my hand around the backside of the coil and felt a crack! (Take that as you will)

Uh-oh. Could be worse, it could've punctured the tyre and destroyed the wheel arch liner.

Meanwhile I jacked the other side up to get started on the driver's side pads... Long story short I had a cheeky feel of the spring and felt another crack! Great, I thought, double the bill!

So anyway, since it was a nice day I put the car back together and attempted to sort the uneven bumper gap on the pax side (just beside the headlight). I had to attack the car from underneath to undo the wheel arch and noticed an excess of oil/dirt/grease on the belly pan.... Major uh-oh! Still plenty of daylight left so I removed the pan and had a little inspection.

Again, cutting the story short, I found a weep in the rocker cover and possibly sump. Any suggestions? Haven't taken apart the clio's engine yet, but I assume it's sealant for the rocker cover and a gasket for the sump.

Annoying, but I guess this counts as 3 things right? Bad things always happen in 3s!

Is anyone selling some cup springs / springs to fit an R27 soon? Would rather not pay £110 a side from renault.

On the plus side this gives me the perfect opportunity to take it off the road for a few days a give it a full detail/correction and plastidip the wheels!!!

Will get pictures up when I pop it inside to work on it

Might take them off your hands... I can't make my mind up if I want to lower it or not. How old are they/ miles? Just read an interesting post about FK springs, £53!!!! Surely you can't go wrong?

Is the leak on the rocker tound the edge or round a bolt in the middle towards the left?

Very common.
Mine has the same problem but luckily only a very small leak.
Supposed to be an easy fix though.

As for springs I've also got a set in my shed if you need any.
If you're going to lower it then H&R springs are the way to go I reckon.

Yes common, easily fixed buy loosening the bolt, clean and put abit of appropriate sealant around and retighten

Just buy some high temperature sealant, cost me about £3 off ebay.

If you want the springs, drop me a PM. They've done around 40k.

are you saying the springs have a crack in them? dont usually crack they snap! are you sure it isnt the paint on them rusting/peeling off to form a ridge?

a small oil leak from the rear main seal is ok - mines 7yrs old and had a small dampness - just wiped it off as not bad enough to justify doing (only worht doing if say you have to change the clutch)

as for rocker cover - the small 10mm bolts leak round the head...very common solved by a touch of sealer under the head :coffee:

Thanks men.

Fox, the springs have snapped - a poor choice of words on my part.

Going for the lowering option, but thanks for the offers of cup suspension. I will buy some eventually... Probably when I put it back to standard.