Back to a Clio after 17 years

Hi everyone. I’ve always had hot hatches, started with an XR2i which got written off because someone forced the doors out in an attempt to joy ride. Regret letting that go now though ha. I’ve had Golf GTI and Leon Cupra but the car I most enjoyed was my mk1 172. Had to sell it before moving abroad in my 20s and always miss it. I decided to treat myself for my birthday, and wanted a weekend car that would make me smile. I looked at two seaters but ultimately still need something with back seats for the kids if needed. I was lucky to find a low mileage 197 and took the plunge. So far it hasn’t disappointed and find myself grinning around the B roads. You definitely have to rev it and it’s taking me a while to get used to a non turbo again. It’s also less off a go cart feel than my old mk1 but also more planted I think. Anyway so far I’m very happy and it’s great there’s a very active community

Welcome aboard :french:
Don’t be shy we also love to see pics of you new beauty

and any of that XR2 would be great :smile:

Looks very tidy - great paintwork and wheels.
Thanks, yeah it’s in a very good condition, there are the odd touch ups in places but will get a quote for them. I’ve noticed the rear plastic bumper has a lot of hairline cracking, not sure if that’s something to be concerned with or just typical of the age