ATE Superblue & Braided Lines Deal

I assume this would be sufficient for the 200?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-Sport-197-inc-Cup-R27-Goodridge-Brake-Hoses-ATE-Super-Blue-R-/400439967134?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d3c14fd9e

Im suffering from real bad pedal feel. If i push down on the pedal i get a compressing air type noise and it pretty much goes to the floor. The once amazing Brembos have pretty much no bite despite having plenty of meat.

Clutch isnt amazing too so hoping this will help. Is there a detailed clutch bleeding guide?

Welcome to my world. I have an air lock in my system somewhere. I have noticed the performance drop even with new pads, braided lines, new fluid and 330mm discs

Also had issues with my clutch too

Get the whole system bled. That's what I'm doing

Thats the plan buddy.

I cant remember when i was last impressed with the Brembos tbh. Dads A4 estate stops better.

I changed my brake fluid (from original to ATE Blue Racing) and now my ABS goes on much more frequently. Can it be related?
Also, my car suffers from squeky clutch pedal..

Sounds like air in the system.

Try pumping the pedal when braking, if the bite moves further up the pedal travel then i'd say you have an air lock somewhere.

Bleed with new fluid will be best. You could put the lines on too, however I would be concentrating my efforts on finding out the cause of the problem before changing parts.

make sure the fluid is compatable with abs/esp systems

also worth noting that the abs system uses a pump and if you let the system go dry it can trap air - it then needs to be put in bleed mode to clear the air

1ltr approx is enough to do a car

Pumping the pedal just makes more "airy pumpy" noises and you can actually put pedal all the way down to the stop

Been living with it for ages. Renault say its "normal" as per. Just getting bored of living with things.

Last edited:
Surely the ABS system will require the new fluid to be flushed through it also, so to bleed the brakes fully, the Renault CLIP will be required anyways making it a none diy job?

Surely the ABS system will require the new fluid to be flushed through it also, so to bleed the brakes fully, the Renault CLIP will be required anyways making it a none diy job?

not normally no - as the fluid within reason will be changed as it all goes through the abs pump block

Fluid will pass through the ABS unit no problem, it's only if you get and airlock in the pump you will need CLIP.

I recently changed the fluid in my car using an ezibleed system.

Would anyone know if the same applies to the Megane R26?

If so then we will do them on the drive instead. Was just worried about the ABS unit

I would go for Motul RBF600 fluid, Goodridge braided lines and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front. Epic stopping power, even when cold. I will be putting that on my Meg when its ready.